We are seeking a versatile Accounting Supervisor to join our finance team. This analytical individual will supervise professional and/or clerical accounting employees while managing account functions in preparation of reports and statistics. The ideal candidate will be responsible for establishing and maintaining accounting practices to ensure accurate and reliable data necessary for business operations.
This is an exciting position with a progressive company that works hard and plays hard.
**For this position, proficiency in the English language is mandatory in both written and verbal forms. The final interview will be conducted in English**
- Assist the FInancial Controller (Peru) with completing monthly financial statements by the closing deadline.
- Provide monthly account reconciliations for main Cusco accounts.
- Assist in local financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Protect assets (cash) by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Assist in providing information to external auditors.
- Prepare office overhead budgets by establishing, scheduling, collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data, recommending plans.
- Prepare special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements.
- Manage accounting staff by planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees;
- Enhance personal knowledge by attending educational workshops, courses, and seminars; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies, and maintain/pursue professional designation CPC (Contador Publico Colegiado).
- Degree in Accounting coupled with five years of progressive experience in the Accounting field.
- Excellent communication skills. Fluent in English (both written and verbal).
- 2+ years experience directly supervising Accounting personnel (preferred).
- Knowledge of Peru GAAP and SUNAT - given Peruvian COA.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point & Outlook) and web based Accounting systems.
- Working knowledge of account reconciliations and month-end closing procedures.
- Able to work under pressure with tight deadlines while ensuring high quality results.
- Customer service oriented (both internal and external).
- Entrepreneurial in terms of being proactive, adaptive, solution focused.
- Understanding of and identification with, G Adventures' core values.
- Highly organized, efficient, and respectful.
- Available to travel if/when requested (Peru and abroad).
If you have what it takes and want to join an innovative company with the most creative travel product on Earth then apply now!
**We thank all interested candidates however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.**
To apply you must hold appropriate citizenship or documents permitting you to reside and work in Peru.