Catalogue Production Designer
Like the idea of working for an award-winning design team for the world's #1 adventure travel company? Like working with smart, talented and incredibly attractive creative professionals? Like the idea of helping guide an exciting brand with global reach? Like working on innovative projects that will challenge your imagination on a daily basis? Like taking pride in your work? Like winning industry awards by the armful? Like having fun at work? Like going home at the end of the day with the satisfaction that you accomplished something of real value and maybe made the world a little bit better?
We are seeking a versatile Catalogue Production Designer to join our busy in-house creative team. The role is 95% production but the candidate must exhibit excellent design chops. This creative individual must be a Mac design pro with superior layout, design and production skills. Extensive InDesign knowledge and experience are a must. Experience with EasyCatalog a plus. Day to day responsibilities include page layout, formatting and assisting with the entire catalogue production process. This position is not for the faint of heart. The ideal candidate is accustomed to a demanding, rapidly evolving, and tremendously satisfying environment.
This is an exciting contract position with a progressive company that works and plays hard. Contract begins as soon as possible for an initial six-month period.
- Work closely with brand team in the planning, design and production of our various catalogue publications
- Adhere to guidelines for file set-up, file collection and asset management
- Present and review catalogues throughout the production process and provide quality assurance of all creative deliverables
- Lay out pages following style guide specifications
- 3 to 5 years of design and layout experience in print production
- Sound understanding of print design principles
- Graphic design degree/diploma from an accredited design program
- Understanding of printing matters and experience working with print vendors including pre-flight, file submission formats, etc.
- Extensive experience required in prepress production: Preparing catalogue files for print, navigating and storing files on department servers, etc.
- Extensive InDesign knowledge and experience are a must. Understanding of Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat
- Experience with EasyCatalog or similar software a plus
- Creative, innovative and artistic mindset
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tight deadlines
- Demonstrated experience in co-managing brand in context of imagery, print, and web materials is an asset
If you have what it takes and want to join an innovative company with the most creative travel product on Earth then apply now!
Please email your resume in confidence to email@example.com indicating “Catalogue Production Designer” in the subject line.
To apply you must hold appropriate citizenship or documents permitting you to reside and work in Canada.
We thank all interested candidates however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.