Catalogue Production Designer (Contract)
For this 12 month contract opportunity, we are seeking a versatile Catalogue Designer to join our busy in-house creative team. The role is 95% production but the candidate must exhibit excellent design chops. This creative individual must be a Mac design pro with superior layout, design and production skills. Extensive InDesign knowledge and experience are a must. Experience with EasyCatalog a plus. Day to day responsibilities include page layout, formatting and assisting with the entire catalogue production process. This position is not for the faint of heart. The ideal candidate is accustomed to a demanding, rapidly evolving, and tremendously satisfying environment.
This is an exciting contract position with a progressive company that works and plays hard.
- Work closely with catalogue team members in the planning, design and production of our various catalogue publications
- Adhere to guidelines for file set-up, file collection and asset management.
- Present and review catalogues throughout the production process and provide quality assurance of all creative deliverables.
- Lay out pages following style guide specifications
- 3 to 5 years of design and layout experience in a print production environment
- Sound understanding of print design principles
- Graphic design degree/diploma from an accredited design program
- Understanding of printing matters and experience working with print vendors including pre-flight, file submission formats, etc
- Extensive experience required in prepress production: Preparing catalogue files for print, navigating and storing files on department servers, etc.
- Extensive InDesign knowledge and experience are a must. Understanding of Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat
- Experience with EasyCatalog a plus
- Creative, innovative and artistic mindset
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tight deadlines
- Demonstrated experience in co-managing brand in context of imagery, print, and web materials is an asset
If you have what it takes and want to join an innovative company with the most creative travel product on Earth then apply now!
To apply you must hold appropriate citizenship or documents permitting you to reside and work in Canada.
We thank all interested candidates, however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.