Business Development, Groups
We'll stop you just there. First off - can you feel it?
At G Adventures, we’re dedicated to changing people’s lives through authentic and sustainable adventure travel experiences and we need to ensure you feel it too. We require candidates who are dedicated to leading with service, committed to bringing about meaningful change by doing the right thing and are not afraid of embracing the bizarre. Our employees share the privilege of creating happiness and community with those around them as they seek to improve the world through travel.
Are you someone who knows how to Lead with Service? We’re looking for a Business Development Professional with a proven track record in the travel industry and innovative strategies to help develop and execute G Adventures’ group sales strategy for the Canadian region. We want you to help us Build Happiness & Community by effectively promoting and securing new group opportunities with our agent partners, specialized and affinity groups.
- Solicit and acquire new group business through Universities/ schools/ public sector/ Corporate/ specialist interest groups/ sporting groups, and other direct channels
- Solicit and acquire group opportunities via agent partners
- Researching, prospecting and creating new leads
- Construct a strong pipeline
- Contact and follow up on agent groups enquiries
- Playing an active contribution to growth strategies and business plans
- Represent and promote G Adventures at tradeshows, consumer events or functions
- Prepare presentations and promotional pieces for all events
- Achieve monthly sales targets
- Proven track record of group sales success
- 5 years business development experience
- Existing relationships with Affinity groups
- Ability to understand and demonstrate professional sales presentation techniques
- Advanced skills in interpersonal relationship management including superior communications skills
- Superior selling and customer service skills
- Strategic business planning, analyzing and reporting
- Strong negotiation skills and financial accumen
- A valid passport and driving license
- Well-traveled and extensive worldwide destination knowledge
- Must be willing to travel and represent G Adventures at travel trade events
- Understanding of, and identification with, G Adventures’ Core Values
If you have what it takes and want to join an innovative company with the most creative travel product on Earth then apply now!
To apply you must hold appropriate citizenship or documents permitting you to reside and work in Canada.
We thank all interested candidates, however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.