Jr IT Helpdesk Specialist [Solutionator]
Do friends and family go to you when they're having trouble with technology? Do you get excited about the latest gadget? Do you believe there is more to working in IT then keeping people waiting on the phone and turning computers on and off? If you answered yes then you've got what we are looking for!
G Adventures has an immediate opening at our Toronto headquarters for a Jr Help Desk Specialist, aka The Solutionator. We are seeking enthusiastic customer service oriented people who have mad computer skills and want to change peoples lives.
- Operate as a Support Administrator in order to support various staff.
- Respond to calls from staff requiring assistance to problems relating to the use of Macintosh computers and the Apple platform. These problems will be related to Macintosh workstation hardware and OS X software, application support, and connectivity issues.
- Assist in the use of OS X applications, systems and procedures related to but not limited to marketing, graphic design, accounting and business systems.
- Assist in the guidance of software applications for staffs of various disciplines and provide basic support for specialized business applications.
- Assemble hardware components, install OS X workstation operating systems software, install productivity and specialized business application software. Occasionally install device driver software relating to business related hardware devices such as iPhone.
- Support printers within the office. These problems could be local or network printer issues such as image resolution and formatting, and network connectivity issues.
- Adhere to policies and procedures as it relates to system security, monitor and report potential system violations.
- Ensures that any affected staff are kept informed of any time delays associated with the problem resolutions, the nature of the problem or the volume of outstanding issues requiring resolution.
- Meet with IT management on a regular basis to discuss, evaluate, and implement any change to services that may be required. The incumbent will also work with IT management to ensure that operating efficiencies are met and maintained throughout the organization.
- Assist with various projects and assignments as required.
- Participate in on-call rotation.
- 1-2 years experience in a Helpdesk environment
- The incumbent must be knowledgeable and have a good understanding of the Apple platform, Mac OS X, and Windows OS. The candidate must also have a basic understanding of inter-networking connectivity of workstations on the LAN.
- The incumbent must have excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- The incumbent must have strong trouble shooting skills and a desire to solve the problem at hand.
- The incumbent may be required to work flexible shifts.
If you have what it takes and want to join an innovative company with the most creative travel product on Earth then apply now!
***We thank all interested candidates however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.***
To apply you must hold appropriate citizenship or documents permitting you to reside and work in Canada.