Do you want to be part of a fast-paced, exciting, continuously evolving team that is the heartbeat of G Adventures’ operations? Do you want to have your voice heard and to have a direct impact in driving daily business decisions? Do you possess a keen attention to detail, superior communication skills, a tireless work ethic, and a Sherlock Holmes-like ability to solve problems? If so, we want to hear from you!
At G Adventures, we’re dedicated to changing people’s lives through authentic and sustainable adventure travel experiences. We require candidates who are dedicated to leading with service, committed to bringing about meaningful change by doing the right thing and are not afraid of embracing the bizarre. Our employees share the privilege of creating happiness and community with those around them as they seek to improve the world through travel.
The Operations Coordinator is accountable for all Regional (East Africa and Southern) reservations, ensuring all parties involved including the Nairobi office, Base Camp, hotel, service providers and the CEO’s are provided with accurate information and support necessary in order to provide superior customer service in a cost effective and timely manner.
- Communicate new, amended and cancelled bookings to all hotels and service providers
- Create and provide passenger rooming and name lists to hotels and service providers and manage last-minute requests for bookings and general inquiries from the sales department
- Create FIT/Group tours based on requests from the Sales department. Work with suppliers to build itinerary and quote and communicate net costs and itinerary to sales department
- Provide hotels the necessary welcome notes and information for incoming passengers prior to arrival
- Work with suppliers to improve administrative procedures and standards
- Ensure trip validations are accurate including monitoring CEO trip and supplier trip costs and convey updates to Manager and Accounting department
- Continually manage, maintain and improve the regional trip notes and liaise with the Innovations department for brochure production related tasks
- Manage the day-to-day relationship with our active suppliers in Southern and East Africa and provide them with feedback from our passengers, passenger numbers and growth in the region
- Manage regional emergency phone for all passenger and field emergency issues
- Support the East Africa Regional Operations Manager in tasks and duties that are related to this work function, but not specified in the above description
- 2+ years in Tour Consultant or Reservations role within a tour/travel/safari operation
- Travel experience and a passion for the region
- Business Administration or Tourism Management degree/diploma desirable
- 1 + years Office administration experience
- Sound computer skills, including Microsoft Excel experience
- Excellent verbal communication skills and writing ability, in both English and Swahili
- An understanding of and commitment to customer satisfaction
- Travel may be occasionally required to a visit hotels in Nairobi, and within East Africa, in addition to trips to gain product and destination knowledge
If you have what it takes and want to join an innovative company with the most creative travel product on Earth then apply now!
**We thank all interested candidates however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.**
To apply you must hold appropriate citizenship or documents permitting you to reside and work in Kenya.