Sales Manager - South Africa
The SA Sales Manager will build, develop and manage the relationships between Southern African (S.A.) agents and representatives to achieve business revenue growth through a range of methods that support business requirements.
- Develop and maintain relationships and accounts with S.A. travel agencies and vendors, representation companies, tourist offices, airlines, media and competitors of G Adventures products.
- Assisting the General Manager, EMEA in a variety of aspects of running the S.A. sales functions and initiatives in increasing existing business, creating new business and implementing strategies as directed.
- To ensure superior knowledge of company products and services is maintained and refreshed at all times in order to deliver Customer Service Excellence.
- Liaison between head office and S.A. industry – Acting as a bridge between all head office departments in communication to and from the S.A. industry.
- 2+ years experience in sales/customer service within travel
- 2+ years account management experience
- 1+ years experience in sales management experience within travel industry preferred
- Professional sales presentation techniques
- First hand (travel) knowledge of the region responsible for
- Knowledge of South African travel industry
- Knowledge of G Adventures’ ethos, tour type and target audience.
- Business planning, reporting & budgeting preferred
- Demonstrated experience in business planning, budgeting and forecasting
- Demonstrated experience in driving business improvement initiatives
- Grasp of adventure product, processes, the industry and competition, as well as the market for this style of travel product.
- Demonstrated experience in building presenting, negotiating business/marketing proposals
If you have what it takes and want to join an innovative company with the most creative travel product on Earth then apply now!
To apply you must hold appropriate citizenship or documents permitting you to reside and work in South Africa.
We thank all candidates for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.