Senior Operations Manager, Peru
We'll stop you just there. First off - can you feel it?
At G Adventures, we’re dedicated to changing people’s lives through authentic and sustainable adventure travel experiences. We require candidates who are dedicated to leading with service, committed to bringing about meaningful change by doing the right thing and are not afraid of embracing the bizarre. Our employees share the privilege of creating happiness and community with those around them as they seek to improve the world through travel.
We are looking for an experienced travel industry Operations Manager based in Lima, Peru, to lead a diverse and growing staff and to oversee day-to-day tour operations throughout Peru. Superior product knowledge, customer service, teamwork and outstanding communication skills are key to the success of this role.
- Provide leadership and management to a team of operations staff, tour leaders (CEO's), and customer service staff in Peru
- Integrate and promote G Adventures Core Values, company culture and brand throughout the region
- Ensure proper human resource standards and procedures are met, to attract and retain the best staff to work in the operations team
- Manage the team to ensure operations, customer service, and purchasing KPIs are identified and met
- Management of the fiscal office budget
- Cost of goods management
- Assistance in the annual brochure production process for the region’s product
- Develop and manage business relationships with service providers as needed
- Critical incident management as required
- 5+ years experience working in tourism operations
- 2+ years experience in senior leadership role in the travel industry in Peru
- Advanced Spanish and English language skills, both written and oral
- Demonstrated ability to manage and lead day-to-day operations while achieving operational excellence
- Training and staff development experience
- Understanding and awareness of Peru business requirements especially as pertaining to the travel industry
- Office administration, problem solving and organizational skills and experience
- Advanced computer and strong Microsoft Office skills (advanced level)
- Ability to manage a crisis and take responsibility for the safety of others
- An understanding of and commitment to customer service
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Negotiating and contracting experience
- Driven and motivated by a fast-paced environment and have a willingness to learn and be challenged by continual professional development
- Understanding of, and identification with, G Adventures’ Core Values
- Regular travel in the region and to Canada
If you have what it takes and want to join an innovative company with the most creative travel product on Earth then apply now!
**We thank all interested candidates however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.**
To apply you must hold appropriate citizenship or documents permitting you to reside and work in Peru.