Systems & Network Support Specialist
Do you dream of data centers? Does virtualization get you're motor running? Do you have ideas and skills you'd like to put to the test? If you are looking to break free from the server room of the past and use your systems skills for good then, you're the person we've been looking for!
G Adventures has an immediate opening at our Toronto office for a 'Thingkanaught' (Systems & Network Support Specialist) . We are seeking enthusiastic customer service oriented people with out of this world systems skills.
- Respond to direct calls from staff and escalated requests from the help desk.
- Ensure that network and systems issues are identified in a timely manner, and propose the necessary solutions.
- Meet with IT management on a regular basis to discuss, evaluate, and implement changes that may be required.
- Work with IT management to ensure that operating efficiencies are met and maintained throughout the organization.
- Assist with various projects and assignments as required.
- Day to day support and maintenance of existing network monitoring and management systems.
- Evaluating new network and system management tools.
- Providing network and system reports to management.
- Working in cross functional teams to assist in service development, network evolution, and other initiatives.
- Participate in the design, implementation and administration of LAN and WAN architectures.
- Work with vendors to address software or hardware issues.
- Document technical processes/procedures.
- Implement, configure and administer the Active Directory, 0365, Windows Server, OS X Server, Ubuntu and VMWARE environments, including network and server hardware.
- Adhere to policies and procedures as it relates to system security, monitor and report potential system violations.
- Participate in on-call rotation.
- Four plus (4+) years of experience working in an enterprise environment with network, server design, implementation, and support experience.
- Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Must have strong trouble shooting skills and a desire to solve problems.
- Experience supporting hardware such as standalone servers, blades, SAN storage, fibre DAS, SAS DAS, data backups and data deduplication technologies.
- Strong Skills and proven experience deploying, configuring and administering Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange / O365, Windows Server, VMWARE.
- Network skills; ISCSI, Ethernet, IP, VLAN, DHCP, DNS, routing, and switching.
- Proven experience with cisco networking and security.
- Industry certifications such as CCNA, VCP5, MCSE: Server Infrastructure would be an asset.
- In depth understanding of enterprise backup, disaster recovery and related technologies PHD Virtual, RDR, SRM.
- In depth technical knowledge of prevalent management systems, such as Landscape, Casper, Uptime, Server Density, Vcops, Windows Intune | MS. Experience with similar systems would also be acceptable.
If you have what it takes and want to join an innovative company with the most creative travel product on Earth then apply now!
**We thank all interested candidates however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.**
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS MUST HOLD APPROPRIATE CITIZENSHIP OR DOCUMENTS PERMITTING THEM TO RESIDE AND WORK IN Canada***