February 5, 2007 - G Adventures is pleased to bring the world of adventure travel to the streets of Melbourne, with our newest concept store. Melburnians packed the store for opening weekend celebrations which included Capoeira dancers, Chinese musicians, Turkish belly dancers, African percussionists as well as the fabulous InkaMarka band playing their evocative Peruvian sounds.
Store features include:
* State of the art iMacs for clients to browse through the G Adventures website filled with hundreds of exciting adventures.
* A casual open environment playing the music of regions we visit on our trips.
* Knowledgeable staff who are intimately familiar with the G Adventures small group, eco-friendly style of travel and are on hand for travel advice and suggestions.
* Frequent multimedia presentations on unique global destinations and other travel-related events held throughout the year.
* The latest Plasma and LCD screens showing videos of the Great Adventure People TV series, which follows a real group of travellers on a G Adventures trip.
G Adventures Melbourne Concept Store:
122 Hardware Street, Melbourne, VIC, 3000
Phone: (03) 9642 4111 and 1300 79 66 18
Fax: 1300 79 66 19
Mon-Fri: 9am - 6pm
Sat: 10am - 5pm
About G Adventures
G Adventures is a world leader in adventure travel. We offer unique small group adventures, safaris and expeditions on all seven continents with a focus on culture, nature and active travel to more than 60,000 travellers annually. Our unique and varied styles of award-winning trips are ideal for people with a sense of adventure - who want to travel off the beaten path, immerse themselves in the local culture and environment, and experience the real world in a sustainable manner. We are also the proud owner of the polar expedition ship the M/S Explorer.
Through our commitment to responsible tourism, we have developed Planeterra – The G Adventures Foundation – as a way for us and our travellers to give back to the communities we visit on our trips.
G Adventures has concept stores located in Vancouver, Toronto and Melbourne. For more information about G Adventures, please visit www.gadventures.com.