Visit ancient monuments, dine with local families, spend the night on a traditional felucca, camp under desert skies, explore ancient mudbrick towns
Dig deep and discover the riches of Egypt's geography, culture and, of course, archaeology, on this epic adventure. Step into a world filled with giant statues, temples and legendary pyramids. Take it easy as you float along the Nile on a traditional felucca or take a dip in Cleopatra's pool. Our CEOs and local experts will share an intriguing combination of the region’s attractions and hidden secrets. Meet the gaze of the Sphinx and get into the spirit of bygone times travelling by donkey to the Valley of the Kings. Encounter another side of Egypt at Siwa Oasis and spend an unforgettable night camping under the stars of the White Desert.
- Pyramids of Giza and Sphinx entrance and guided tour. Egyptian Museum entrance and guided tour. Nubian village visit and traditional dinner. Felucca overnight sailing excursion with support boat. Edfu and Kom Ombo temples entrance and guided tour. Temple of Hatshepsut and Valley of the Kings guided visit and donkey ride. Colossi of Memnon visit. Traditional meal with local family (Luxor). Planeterra-supported library and community centre visit. Dakhla Oasis stay. Al-Qasr village visit. White Desert camping excursion. Siwa Oasis bicycle tour (entrance fees not included). Alexandria guided tour. All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- 15 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 4 dinners. (Allow USD190-250 for meals not included)
- Hotels (12 nts), sleeper train (1 nt), felucca with support boat for toilet/showers (1 nt), camping (1 nt, multi-share).
- Private van, train, donkey, felucca, jeep
- Certified Egyptologist as Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout.
- Small group experience; Max 15, avg 10
Add to your Experience
Book Air, Save a BundleSAVE $100 when you book your airfare with us
That's right. Book your airfare when you book your G Adventures trip and we'll slice $100 off the price for you. Simply enter promo code G13PLUSAIR100 when prompted and we'll do the rest.
Offer valid for new bookings only with international air travel originating in North America added to a land booking. Not valid with any other discount, offer or promotion. Subject to availability. Must book by June 30, 2014, for travel by February 1, 2015. Subject to airline regulations and restrictions.
G Adventures’ Classic trips provide meaningful small-group travel experiences to curious travellers eager to interact with the world as it truly is.Learn more
Please note: To confirm your G Adventures tour in Egypt, we require you to sign an Acknowledgement of Risk document due to current travel warnings associated with Egypt. This will be sent to you at the time you hold an option. Once it is sent back to our sales team, we can confirm you on your tour.
Day 1 Cairo
Arrive at any time.
Day 2 Cairo (1B,1D)
Tour the Great Pyramids of Giza and the Sphinx before a guided tour of the Egyptian Museum. Overnight train to Aswan.
Days 3-4 Aswan (2B,1D)
Visit a Nubian village and enjoy a home-cooked dinner with the a local famiily. Opt to visit the magnificent monuments at Abu Simbel, a highlight on any trip.
Day 5 Nile River (1B,1L,1D)
Sail the Nile via felucca with a support boat. Overnight on board.
Days 6-7 Luxor (2B,1L)
Visit Kom Ombo and Edfu temples on our way to Luxor. Ride donkeys to the Valley of the Kings and Hatshepsut Temple. Optional visit to Karnak and Luxor temples. Included visit to a Planeterra-supported library and community education centre -– feel free to bring along books in English or Arabic to donate. Lunch with a local family on the West Bank of the Nile.
Day 8 Dakhla Oasis (1B)
Head through the desert to the Dakhla Oasis.
Day 9 White Desert (1B,1L,1D)
Visit the fascinating old village of Al-Qasr before camping out overnight amongst the spectacular rock formations of the White Desert.
Days 10-11 Bahariya Oasis (2B)
Head off to Bahariya Oasis. Option to visit the Golden Mummies, English Mountain and hot springs.
Days 12-13 Siwa Oasis (2B,1L)
Ride jeeps through the desert to Siwa Oasis. Bike to the Mountain of the Dead and the Temple of the Oracle. Enjoy a picnic lunch in the desert. Take a dip in Cleopatra's bath or travel by donkey cart for a perfect desert sunset.
Days 14-15 Alexandria (2B)
Private van to Alexandria. Guided tour of Catacombs, Graeco-Roman Museum, Pompey's Pillar and Qaitbay Fort.
Day 16 Cairo (1B)
Drive to Cairo. Tour ends on arrival. Onward travel can be booked after 3pm.
Find dates, prices, and more trip options.Book Now