Exploring the Sacred Valley, trekking the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, spotting wildlife in the Amazon, cruising the Galapagos Islands, encountering incredible wildlife, swimming and snorkelling.
Hike the Inca Trail to the Lost City of Machu Picchu, explore the steamy Amazon by canoe and spend five nights aboard our exclusive g1 vessel, snorkelling the waters of the Galapagos—experience the iconic highlights of South America in one incredible adventure. As one of the biggest tour operators in the Galapagos, our exclusively operated fleet of yachts offers great value—and because we run our own treks, we can ensure the fair treatment of our porters and the quality of food and equipment as you follow the Inca Trail to majestic Machu Picchu.
- Guided tour of Sacred Valley, 4-day Inca Trail hike with local guide, cook and porters, Guided tour of Machu Picchu, Amazon Jungle Excursion (2 nights), 4 nights in the Galapagos Islands, Visit to Charles Darwin Research Station, Incredible wildlife encounters, Daily opportunities for swimming and snorkelling, Flights to and from the Galapagos Islands, Snorkeling equipment onboard Galapagos Yacht.
- 11 Breakfasts, 9 Lunches, 9 Dinners. (Allow USD130-170 for meals not included. Drinks and tips while on the yacht are extra. You must pay a USD10 Tourist Transit card fee at the Quito airport and a USD100 (cash) Galapagos park entry fee immediately upon arrival to the Islands (subject to increase).)
- Hotels/guest houses (8 nts), camping (3 nts), jungle lodge (2 nts), twin-share cabin on board the motorized yacht (4 nts).
- Public bus, local flights, train, boat, canoe, hiking, motorized yacht, zodiacs.
- Local naturalist guide (certified by the Galapagos National Park) while in the islands, Chief Experience Officer (CEO) in Lima, local guide in Cusco, on the Inca Trail and at Machu Picchu, local guide at jungle lodge.
- Small group experience; Max 16, Avg 12
Book Air, Save a BundleSAVE $100 when you book your airfare with us
That's right. Book your airfare when you book your G Adventures trip and we'll slice $100 off the price for you. Simply enter promo code G13PLUSAIR100 when prompted and we'll do the rest.
Offer valid for new bookings only with international air travel originating in North America added to a land booking. Not valid with any other discount, offer or promotion. Subject to availability. Must book by June 30, 2014, for travel by February 1, 2015. Subject to airline regulations and restrictions.
G Adventures’ Classic trips provide meaningful small-group travel experiences to curious travellers eager to interact with the world as it truly is.Learn more
Day 1 Lima
Arrive at any time.
Day 2 Cuzco
Early flight to Cusco. Free day for shopping and to explore the city. Optional city tour.
Day 3 Sacred Valley/Ollantaytambo
Full-day guided tour of the Sacred Valley and Ollantaytambo ruins along with a visit to a Planeterra weaving project in a local community. Shopping opportunities at a local market.
Day 4-7 Inca Trail to Machu Picchu (3B,3L,3D)
4-day guided Inca Trail hike with visit to Machu Picchu. Optional visit to the Inca Bridge before returning to Cusco.
Day 8 Cuzco
Free day to explore Cusco or relax. Active options include whitewater rafting, horseback riding and mountain biking.
Day 9,10 Amazon Jungle (2B,2L,2D)
Fly to Puerto Maldonado and continue by fast motorized canoe to the comfortable 'G Lodge Amazon,' which boasts sustainable operational initiatives like solar panels, a recycling program and rechargeable flashlights. Guided excursions by expert naturalists to spot wildlife and learn more about the jungle. Included rubber boots while at the lodge.
Day 11 Lima
Fly back to Lima.
Day 12 Lima/Quito
Fly to Quito. Flight is unescorted, not included and must be pre-booked.
Day 13-16 Galapagos (4B,4L,4D)
Fly to Galapagos and transfer to the boat. Visit several islands to view the abundant wildlife and enjoy the scenery. Daily excursions from the boat with our naturalist guide to learn about the natural history and wildlife and visit the Charles Darwin Research station to see the Giant Land Tortoises. Daily opportunities for swimming and snorkelling.
Day 17 Quito (B)
Disembark the boat in the morning, transfer to the airport and fly back to Quito.
Day 18 Quito (B)
Depart at any time.