Spend eight full days exploring one of the world's last true wildernesses, connect with the history of exploration while retracing Shackleton’s journey, catch sight of whales and albatross following the ship, go ashore with seasoned experts explaining the intricacies of Antarctic ecology, admire the tabular icebergs of the Weddell Sea
Special Offers and Promotions
- Book Now Save 15%Departures Oct 01 - Dec 31Expires in 6 daysPromo Code G14ANTARCTIC15
- From$7649USD Category 1 Triple
- From$9349USD Category 3 Twin
- From$10199USD Category 4 Twin
- From$7224USD Category 1A Quad
Fierce, cold and stunningly beautiful – explorers since Shackleton have grappled with the contrasts of the Weddell Sea. Experience this ultimate Antarctic landscape on a 15-day adventure that defines "once in a lifetime." Cross the Drake Passage to the eastern side of the Antarctic Peninsula, the Weddell Sea – this less-visited region of Antarctica is the planet's clearest sea and the birthing ground of incredible tabular icebergs. Two attempted shore landings each day means more potential sightings of leopard seals, whales and thriving colonies of roosting penguins. Be a part of history as you embrace Shackleton's spirit. This isn't a polar cruise – it's an adventure.
- 13 nts aboard the MS Expedition. Arrival transfer from airport in Ushuaia to hotel. 1 nt accommodation with breakfast in Ushuaia. Zodiac excursions with our expert expedition team. Lectures and educational programs. Waterproof boots supplied for men's USA sizes 8-14 and women's USA sizes 3-9. Expedition parka. Antarctica destination guidebook.
- All meals included aboard the MS Expedition. Breakfast included at the hotel.
- Twin-share hotel (1 nt), aboard the MS Expedition in quad-, triple-, twin-share cabins, or suites (all with en suite bathrooms and porthole or window) (13 nts). Please note that cabins consist of twin-size berths and are ocean-facing. Suites have 1 queen-size bed.
- MS Expedition, Zodiac, private bus.
- 1 Expedition team member per 10 guests.
Add to your Experience
Book Air, Save a BundleSAVE $100 when you book your airfare with us
That's right. Book your airfare when you book your G Adventures trip and we'll slice $100 off the price for you. Simply enter promo code G13PLUSAIR100 when prompted and we'll do the rest.
Offer valid for new bookings only with international air travel originating in North America added to a land booking. Not valid with any other discount, offer or promotion. Subject to availability. Must book by June 30, 2014, for travel by February 1, 2015. Subject to airline regulations and restrictions.
Day 1 Arrive Ushuaia
Arrive at any time, arrival transfer included. Enjoy the sights and sounds of the world's most southerly city.
Day 2 Ushuaia (B,D)
Embarkation on the MS Expedition begins late in the afternoon, around 4pm at the port in Ushuaia. Enjoy the evening sailing through the Beagle Channel.
Day 3-4 Drake Passage (2B,2L,2D)
Your adventure begins with an 800km (497 mi) crossing of the passage named in honour of 16th-century English sea captain and privateer Sir Francis Drake. The ship is at home in this part of the Southern Ocean. Take in daily lectures from your expedition team, and keep an eye out for your first sightings of icebergs, whales, and albatross following in the Expedition's wake.
Day 5-12 Antarctic Peninsula & Weddell Sea (8B,8L,8D)
Sail to the Antarctic Peninsula's less-visited eastern side. The Weddell Sea is as stunning as it is remote; this is where Ernest Shackleton's ship Endurance came to her end (and where your polar adventure begins). Head south and explore the ice edge from the safety of our ice class expedition vessel, encountering truly astounding tabular icebergs and numerous species of penguin, seal and whale along the way. You'll have eight days to explore the region, giving you the longest possible time in this magnificent part of the world.
Day 13-14 Drake Passage (2B,2L,2D)
Begin your northbound journey to your home port of Ushuaia. Review the highlights of your Antarctic experience with our lecturers and staff, and keep your eyes open on the observation deck for some last-minute whale sightings.
Day 15 Depart Ushuaia (B)
Disembark in the morning.
Find dates, prices, and more trip options.Book Now