Set foot on Antarctica—the worlds least visited continent, watch majestic albatross soar by the ship while crossing the Drake Passage, brave the chill by taking an optional polar plunge, witness immense icebergs and magnificent glaciers, have your questions answered by Antarctic experts
Vivid emerald, violet tints, intense blue and crimson light—the Antarctic Peninsula is anything but a world of white desolation. Join us on a true adventure to a world of immense scale and visual splendour. Passing huge icebergs in the flat calm of a polar morning will reshape the way you look at your world. Encounter huge whales, enormous rookeries of penguins and stunning landscapes few have ever witnessed. This 11-day expedition will introduce you to the magic of the South Shetland Islands and the Antarctic Peninsula.
- 9 nights aboard the MS Expedition. Arrival transfer from airport in Ushuaia to hotel. 1 night accommodation with breakfast in Ushuaia. Zodiac excursions with our expert expedition team. Lectures and educational programs. Waterproof boots supplied for men's USA sized 8-14 & women's USA sized 3-9. Expedition Parka. Antarctica destination guide book.
- All meals included on board the MS Expedition. Breakfast included at the hotel.
- Twin-share hotel (1 nt), aboard the MS Expedition in quad-, triple-, twin-share cabins, or suites (all with en suite bathrooms and porthole or window) (9 nts). Please note that all cabins consist of twin-size berths and are ocean-facing. Suites have one queen-size bed.
- MS Expedition, Zodiac, private bus.
- One Expedition team member per 10 guests.
Add to your Experience
Book Air, Save a BundleSAVE $100 when you book your airfare with us
That's right. Book your airfare when you book your G Adventures trip and we'll slice $100 off the price for you. Simply enter promo code G13PLUSAIR100 when prompted and we'll do the rest.
Offer valid for new bookings only with international air travel originating in North America added to a land booking. Not valid with any other discount, offer or promotion. Subject to availability. Must book by June 30, 2014, for travel by February 1, 2015. Subject to airline regulations and restrictions.
Day 1 Arrive Ushuaia
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the world's most southerly city. Arrive in Ushuaia at any time, arrival transfer included.
Day 2 Ushuaia (1B,1D)
Embarkation on the MS Expedition begins in the afternoon at the port in Ushuaia. Enjoy the evening sailing through the Beagle Channel.
Day 3-4 Drake Passage (2B,2L,2D)
Your adventure begins with a 800km (497mi) crossing of the passage named in honour of the 16th-century English sea captain and privateer Sir Francis Drake. Take in daily lectures from your expedition team and keep an eye out for the first sightings of icebergs, whales and albatross following in the Expedition's wake.
Day 5-8 Antarctic Peninsula & South Shetland Islands (4B,4L,4D)
Experience some of the most unique wildlife viewing and inspiring scenery in the world as you set foot on the Antarctic continent. Attempt two shore landings per day (weather permitting) and encounter Gentoo, Chinstrap and Adélie penguin rookeries, Weddell, crabeater and leopard seals, and orca, humpback and minke whales in the cold Antarctic waters. The peninsula also has a remarkable human history. During the voyage, you'll learn about some of the most important and dramatic expeditions to this remote corner of the world.
Day 9-10 Drake Passage (2B,2L,2D)
Begin your journey north to our home port of Ushuaia. Review the highlights of your Antarctic experience with our lecturers and staff. Keep your eyes open on the observation deck for some last-minute whale sightings.
Day 11 Depart Ushuaia (1B)
Disembark in the morning.
Find dates, prices, and more trip options.Book Now