Walk the Great Wall and Forbidden City, explore the back-alley streets in Beijing's traditional hutongs, face the Terracotta Warriors and visit the farming community where they were discovered, cycle the countryside and learn to cook in a local village, walk the Bund in vibrant Shanghai
From cosmopolitan cities to ancient capitals and surreal rural scenery, China’s stunning diversity offers adventurous visitors to the Middle Kingdom a chance to explore both its modern allure and ancient past. A rapidly changing country, now is the time to discover its cultural and historical diversity—and do it with a bit of style! Our experienced CEO will lead the way and eliminate the hassle so you're free to explore China's urban and rural highlights.
- Arrival transfer. Visit Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City and the Temple of Heaven. Visit Beijing's traditional hutongs. Excursion to the Great Wall. Xian Muslim quarter orientation walk. Cycle along the Xi'an city walls. Terracotta Warriors tour and a lunch at the local village where they were uncovered. Li River boat ride. Bicycle and cooking tour in Yangshuo. Explore Yue Luo Wan rural village. Shanghai orientation walk.
All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- 11 breakfasts, 1 lunches, 3 dinners. (Allow USD240-360 for meals not included.)
- Comfort hotels (9 nts), guesthouse (1 nt), soft-sleeper train (1 nt).
- Private bus, plane, boat, train.
- English-speaking Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout, local guides.
- Small group experience; Max 15, Avg 10.
Book Air, Save a BundleSAVE $100 when you book your airfare with us
That's right. Book your airfare when you book your G Adventures trip and we'll slice $100 off the price for you. Simply enter promo code G13PLUSAIR100 when prompted and we'll do the rest.
Offer valid for new bookings only with international air travel originating in North America added to a land booking. Not valid with any other discount, offer or promotion. Subject to availability. Must book by June 30, 2014, for travel by February 1, 2015. Subject to airline regulations and restrictions.
Day 1 Beijing (1D)
Arrive at any time, arrival transfer included. Enjoy Chinese cuisine with a Beijing duck welcome dinner.
Day 2-4 Beijing (3B)
Visit the highlights of Beijing including the Great Wall, Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City and the Temple of Heaven. Also explore some of Beijing's traditional alleyways and backstreets known as hutongs. On Day 4, catch an overnight train to Xi'an.
Day 5-6 Xi'an (2B,1L)
Explore Xi'an like the locals with a bike ride along the ancient city walls, this evening visit the Muslim Quarter and local markets. On Day 6, visit the famed Terracotta Warriors museum and then have lunch in the local farming village where these priceless artifacts were found.
Day 7-8 Guilin/Yangshuo (2B,1D)
Fly to Guilin and enjoy a sunset cruise on the Li River, continue to the quaint town of Yangshuo. On Day 8 take a rural cycling trip passing rice paddy fields and limestone karst mountains. Later try preparing local cuisine at a cooking school and enjoy our creations for dinner.
Day 9 Yue Luo Wan Village (1B,1D)
Today visit a traditional Chinese village and emerse yourself in the local culture with an overnight stay in a small guesthouse.
Day 10-11 Shanghai (2B)
Fly to Shanghai and take an orientation walk along the Bund area. Option to visit the Shanghai Museum and Yuyuan Gardens.
Day 12 Shanghai (1B)
Depart at any time.
Find dates, prices, and more trip options.Book Now