Enjoy dinner with a local family, spend the night on a felucca, explore ancient temples and monuments, hunt for deals in the bazaars, gaze at the pyramids and mysterious Sphinx
Special Offers and Promotions
- Book Now Save 15%Departure date May 24, 2014
This journey through Egypt packs in the best of culture and adventure in eight energetic days. Explore the ancient sites along the Nile and discover the most famous of them all, the Great Pyramids of Giza. Embrace the culture and meet remarkable people as you sample some traditional fare with a Nubian family in a local village. Feel the buzz of vibrant bazaars in Aswan and Luxor, but still manage to relax and watch life unfold as you sail the Nile in a traditional felucca.
- Pyramids of Giza and Sphinx entrance and guided tour. Egyptian Museum entrance and guided tour. Nubian village visit and traditional dinner. Felucca overnight sailing excursion with support boat. Edfu and Kom Ombo temples entrance and guided tour. Temple of Hatshepsut and Valley of the Kings guided visit and donkey ride. Colossi of Memnon visit. Traditional meal with local family (Luxor). Planeterra-supported library and community centre visit. Internal flights. All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- 7 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 3 dinners. (Allow USD150-200 for meals not included)
- Simple hotels (5 nts), sleeper train (1 nt), felucca with support boat for toilet/showers (1 nt).
- Private air-con van, train, felucca, donkey, plane
- Certified Egyptologist as Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout.
- Small group experience; Max 15, avg 12
Add to your Experience
Book Air, Save a BundleSAVE $100 when you book your airfare with us
That's right. Book your airfare when you book your G Adventures trip and we'll slice $100 off the price for you. Simply enter promo code G13PLUSAIR100 when prompted and we'll do the rest.
Offer valid for new bookings only with international air travel originating in North America added to a land booking. Not valid with any other discount, offer or promotion. Subject to availability. Must book by June 30, 2014, for travel by February 1, 2015. Subject to airline regulations and restrictions.
G Adventures’ Classic trips provide meaningful small-group travel experiences to curious travellers eager to interact with the world as it truly is.Learn more
Please note: To confirm your G Adventures tour in Egypt, we require you to sign an Acknowledgement of Risk document due to current travel warnings associated with Egypt. This will be sent to you at the time you hold an option. Once it is sent back to our sales team, we can confirm you on your tour.
Day 1 Cairo
Arrive at any time.
Day 2 Cairo (1B,1D)
Tour the Great Pyramids of Giza and the Sphinx before a guided tour of the Egyptian Museum. Overnight train to Aswan.
Days 3-4 Aswan (2B,1D)
Visit a Nubian village and enjoy a home-cooked dinner with a local family. Opt to visit the magnificent temples of Abu Simbel.
Day 5 Nile River (1B,1L,1D)
Sail the Nile via felucca with a support boat. Sleep onboard under the stars.
Days 6-7 Luxor (2B,1L)
Guided visit to Edfu and Kom Ombo temples. Donkey ride and guided tour of the Valley of the Kings and Temple of Hatshepsut. Option to visit the Temple of Karnak and Luxor Museum. Included visit to a Planeterra-supported library and community education centre – feel free to bring along books in English or Arabic to donate. Lunch with a local family on the West Bank of the Nile.
Day 8 Cairo (1B)
Fly back to Cairo where the tour ends on arrival. Onward travel can be booked after 2pm. We highly recommend pre- or post-accommodation to fully explore this vibrant city.
Find dates, prices, and more trip options.Book Now