Climb the highest peak in Southeast Asia, photograph Asia's only great ape, spot turtles on Turtle Island, explore the Kinabatangan jungle
Revive your sense of adventure on this jam-packed tour. Hike rainforest trails and summit Mt Kinabalu to watch the sunrise. Our CEOs will provide nature lovers and photographers of all skill levels with an introduction to the highlights of remote Sabah, helping you frame great snapshots of tropical birds and giant flowers. Visit the Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre and meet these special creatures. And after all the excitement and exercise, there will still be the chance to see baby turtles in their natural habitat. Get off the beaten track and discover the best of Sabah.
- Mt Kinabalu hike, including entrance, climbing permits and guides. Sepilok Orangutan Centre entrance. Turtle Island visit. Kinabatangan River cruise. Sandakan POW Memorial Park visit. Internal flight. All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- 9 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 4 dinners (if climbing), 3 dinners (if not climbing). (Allow USD170-225 for meals not included.)
- Hotels (5 nts), jungle lodge (2 nts), national park lodges/mountain huts (2 nts, multi-share).
- Private van, local bus, speedboat, plane, walking.
- Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout, local guides.
- Small group experience; Max 15, avg 12
Add to your Experience
Book Air, Save a BundleSAVE $100 when you book your airfare with us
That's right. Book your airfare when you book your G Adventures trip and we'll slice $100 off the price for you. Simply enter promo code G13PLUSAIR100 when prompted and we'll do the rest.
Offer valid for new bookings only with international air travel originating in North America added to a land booking. Not valid with any other discount, offer or promotion. Subject to availability. Must book by June 30, 2014, for travel by February 1, 2015. Subject to airline regulations and restrictions.
G Adventures’ Classic trips provide meaningful small-group travel experiences to curious travellers eager to interact with the world as it truly is.Learn more
Please note that for the time being, we will not visit Turtle Island on this itinerary, due to current foreign advisories against travel in this specific area. Upon arrival, your CEO will confirm the alternate arrangements, ensuring you have a fantastic and safe trip to Borneo.
Day 1 Kota Kinabalu
Arrive at any time.
Day 2 Mt Kinabalu National Park (B)
Travel to Mt Kinabalu. Option to hike trails.
Days 3-4 Mt Kinabalu (2B,2L,1D)
Enjoy a magical sunrise on top of Mt Kinabalu.
Days 5-6 Kinabatangan River (2B,2L,2D)
Travel up the Kinabatangan River. Afternoon animal spotting cruise. Optional nighttime cruise.
Day 7 Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre (B)
Visit Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre.
Day 8 Turtle Island (B,L,D)
Boat trip and overnight on Seligan (Turtle) Island.
Day 9 Sandakan/Kota Kinabalu (B)
Visit Sandakan POW Memorial Park. Option to visit Sandakan town. Afternoon flight to Kota Kinabalu.
Day 10 Kota Kinabalu (B)
Depart at any time.
Find dates, prices, and more trip options.Book Now