Enjoy a traditional family meal, Explore ancient temples and monuments, Barter in bazaars, Sleep beneath the stars on a felucca, Visit a Nubian village, Explore the famous Khan el-Khalili souk.
This compact adventure offers maximum Egypt at minimum cost. Stare in amazement at the pyramids and float down the Nile on a felucca. Embrace the culture and meet remarkable people as you dine on traditional fare with a local family in a Nubian village. You'll enjoy basic accommodation and transport to the best sights. Walk through the Valley of the Kings or explore Karnak—it's your call. Don't just dream of Egypt, wake up in the 'Land of the Pharaohs' and open your eyes to adventure.
- Transport and guided tour of the Pyramids of Giza & the Sphinx and Kom Ombo and Edfu Temples. Felucca sailing trip (with support boat). Orientation walk through Cairo's Khan el-Khalili bazaar. Dinner in a Nubian home (Aswan).
- 7 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 4 dinners. (Allow USD145-190 for meals not included)
- Simple hotels (4 nts), overnight sleeper train (2 nts), felucca with support boat for toilet/showers (1 nt)
- Private air-con van, train, felucca, walking
- Certified Egyptologist as Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout
- Small group experience; Max 16, avg 10.
Add to your Experience
Book Air, Save a BundleSAVE $100 when you book your airfare with us
That's right. Book your airfare when you book your G Adventures trip and we'll slice $100 off the price for you. Simply enter promo code G13PLUSAIR100 when prompted and we'll do the rest.
Offer valid for new bookings only with international air travel originating in North America added to a land booking. Not valid with any other discount, offer or promotion. Subject to availability. Must book by June 30, 2014, for travel by February 1, 2015. Subject to airline regulations and restrictions.
Day 1 Cairo
Arrive at any time.
Day 2 Cairo (1B,1D)
Guided tour of the Pyramids of Giza and the Sphinx. Orientation tour through the narrow alleys of the Khan el-Khalili bazaar with free time for shopping or people watching from a shisha café. Overnight sleeper train to Aswan.
Days 3-4 Aswan (2B,1D)
Visit a Nubian village and enjoy a home-cooked dinner with locals. Optional trip to the magnificent temples of Abu Simbel.
Day 5 Nile River (1B,1L,1D)
Enjoy felucca sailing with a support boat, spend overnight on board.
Days 6-7 Luxor (2B,1D)
Visit Kom Ombo and Edfu on our way to Luxor. Opt to visit Karnak Temple and the Valley of the Kings. Included visit to a Planeterra-supported library and community education centre. Overnight sleeper train back to Cairo.
Day 8 Cairo (1B)
Tour ends upon arrival.
Find dates, prices, and more trip options.Book Now