Explore intriguing Yangon, visit the Shwedagon Pagoda, stroll Mandalay's temples, float down the Irrawaddy River, experience the ancient ruins of Bagan, relax at Inle Lake
As a relative newcomer to adventure travel, exploring the mysterious nation of Burma (also known as Myanmar) often feels like setting foot on a foreign, untouched planet. With few other travellers to contend with, the natural and man-made wonders of this underexplored part of Southeast Asia often feel like they’ve been placed here just for you. And what wonders they are: Inle Lake’s unique ‘floating gardens’, the staggering imperial ruins of ancient Bagan, the incomparable palaces of Mandalay and enveloping forests throughout. Unknown pleasures await – come find them.
- Shwedagon Pagoda visit (Yangon). Mandalay combo entry ticket (includes most sights in Mandalay). Golden Rock visit. Amarapura visit. Sagaing visit. Bagan Archaeological Zone guided tour. Irrawaddy River boat trip. Inle Lake boat tour including floating villages (half-day). Shwemawdaw Stupa visit. Mingun boat trip. U Bein Bridge visit. Mahagandayong Monastery visit. Sagaing Hills Meditation Centre visit. Mt Popa visit. Hilltribe hike (half-day). Internal flights. All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- 13 breakfasts, 1 lunch. (Allow USD250-350 for meals not included.)
- Hotels (12 nts), simple guesthouse (1 nt).
- Private bus, public bus, plane, boat, bicycle, walking.
- Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout, local guides.
- Small group experience; Max 15, avg 12
Add to your Experience
Book Air, Save a BundleSAVE $100 when you book your airfare with us
That's right. Book your airfare when you book your G Adventures trip and we'll slice $100 off the price for you. Simply enter promo code G13PLUSAIR100 when prompted and we'll do the rest.
Offer valid for new bookings only with international air travel originating in North America added to a land booking. Not valid with any other discount, offer or promotion. Subject to availability. Must book by June 30, 2014, for travel by February 1, 2015. Subject to airline regulations and restrictions.
G Adventures’ Classic trips provide meaningful small-group travel experiences to curious travellers eager to interact with the world as it truly is.Learn more
Day 1 Yangon
Arrive at any time.
Day 2 Golden Rock (1B)
Visit the incredible Shwedagon Pagoda before hiking to Golden Rock.
Day 3 Bago/Mandalay (1B)
Explore Bago, old capital of the Mon people and home to the biggest reclining Buddha in Burma. Return to Yangon and take an evening flight to Mandalay.
Days 4-5 Mandalay (2B)
Explore Mandalay's ancient temples and other beautiful sites such as the Golden Monastery. Visit the nearby ancient royal capital of Amarapura. Opt to traverse the world's longest teak bridge. Continue on to the village of Mingun.
Days 6-8 Bagan (3B)
Cruise down the Irrawaddy River to ancient Bagan. Visit the ancient site which includes hundreds of temples and stupas. Visit the Nyaung Oo market.
Day 9-10 Kalaw (2B,1L)
Drive to the cooler air of Kalaw, a former British hill station, visiting Mt Popa en route. Enjoy a half-day trek in the area, stopping off to visit a local hilltribe.
Days 11-12 Inle Lake (2B)
Travel by bus to serene Inle, home to the Intha people and floating villages and gardens, stopping en route to visit the Pindaya Caves. Explore the lake by boat and visit some of its floating villages. Try to spot the famous leg rowers during the tour.
Day 13 Yangon (1B)
Fly back to Yangon for a final chance to explore and shop in the old capital.
Day 14 Yangon (1B)
Depart any time.
Find dates, prices, and more trip options.Book Now