View prices for all departures
for 1 traveler
for 2 travelers
for 3 travelers
See two sides of Costa Rica's incredible natural playground: get your fill of outdoor adventure around active Arenal Volcano, famous for everything from world-class rafting to rivers of volcano-heated hot springs. Next point your rental car down the Pacific coast to Manuel Antonio Park, the country's most popular. With pristine, protected beaches, wildlife that practically dances for you (monkeys!) and some of the best nightlife in the country, it's easy to see why.
- Arrival and departure transfers.
- Breakfast daily at most hotels. (Allow USD230-300 for meals not included.)
- Simple hotel (7 nts)
- By choosing the car option with the Costa Rica pass, you gain the flexibility of a car with the comfort of a set itinerary. As with the bus transfer option, all accommodation is included in the cost of the pass.
The standard model used with the Costa Rica Pass is the Daihatsu Terios, which seats three comfortably, leaving room for four pieces of standard luggage. The car is manual transmission, four door, with 4WD capabilities, A/C and AM/FM radio. It also comes equipped with surf racks, baby seats (if requested at the time of booking) and list of important numbers. You will also be provided with country maps and directions to destinations.
Be advised that in order to pick up your vehicle, you will require a valid drivers license, passport and major credit card. The driver must between 23 – 75 years old at the time of rental. An international drivers license is not required, only a valid license from your home country.
Other costs associated with the car option include:
- A mandatory USD 18 per day insurance fee to be paid locally
- All fuel costs.
- A USD 750 deposit that will be charged to your credit card and withheld for the duration of your rental. Barring any damages, this will be refunded in full when the car is returned.
OTHER OPTIONAL COSTS
- Additional drivers will be charged USD 2 per day, paid locally.
- A non-deductible insurance package with the same coverage as above is available at USD 9 per day.
- Local assistance; hotel staff.
Day 1 Arrive San José
Arrive in San José at any time.
Day 2-3 La Fortuna
Drive to your hotel in the town of La Fortuna, located at the foot of the Arenal Volcano. Enjoy two days for optional activities like waterfall hikes, whitewater rafting and natural hot springs.
Day 4-6 Manuel Antonio/Quepos Area
Make your way to your hotel situated on one of the beautiful beaches of the Pacific coast, where the surf and sand will soothe your soul. Enjoy nature hikes or stay by the beach and go swimming, snorkelling, surfing or boogie-boarding.
Day 7 San José
Return to San José for the night.
Day 8 San José
Depart at any time.
Find dates, prices, and more trip options.Book Now