View prices for all departures
for 1 traveler
for 2 travelers
for 3 travelers
Drive around three great western highlights: from volcanoes to cloud forests to beaches and monkeys. Start with the area near active Arenal Volcano, known for rafting and hot springs, then head to the hills and the unique ecosystem of Monteverde's cloud forests. Finish it all with some beach time in Manuel Antonio Park, blessed with wildlife, fantastic beaches, and the best nightlife on the Pacific coast.
- Arrival and departure transfers.
- Breakfast daily at most hotels. (Allow USD230-300 for meals not included.)
- Simple hotel (10 nts)
- By choosing the car option with the Costa Rica pass, you gain the flexibility of a car with the comfort of a set itinerary. As with the bus transfer option, all accommodation is included in the cost of the pass.
The standard model used with the Costa Rica Pass is the Daihatsu Terios, which seats three comfortably, leaving room for four pieces of standard luggage. The car is manual transmission, four door, with 4WD capabilities, A/C and AM/FM radio. It also comes equipped with surf racks, baby seats (if requested at the time of booking) and list of important numbers. You will also be provided with country maps and directions to destinations.
Be advised that in order to pick up your vehicle, you will require a valid drivers license, passport and major credit card. The driver must between 23 – 75 years old at the time of rental. An international drivers license is not required, only a valid license from your home country.
Other costs associated with the car option include:
- A mandatory USD 18 per day insurance fee to be paid locally
- All fuel costs.
- A USD 750 deposit that will be charged to your credit card and withheld for the duration of your rental. Barring any damages, this will be refunded in full when the car is returned.
OTHER OPTIONAL COSTS
- Additional drivers will be charged USD 2 per day, paid locally.
- A non-deductible insurance package with the same coverage as above is available at USD 9 per day.
- Local assistance; hotel staff.
Day 1 San José
Arrive in San José at any time. Arrival shuttle included.
Day 2-3 La Fortuna
Drive to your hotel in the small village of La Fortuna, located at the foot of the active Arenal Volcano. Hiking, waterfalls and rafting are just some of the many options available.
Day 4-5 Monteverde
Drive to your hotel in the remote village of Monteverde, home to the Monteverde Cloud Forest Biological Reserve. Spend your days exploring the Cloud Forest or zip through the treetops on the SkyTrek, one of the world’s largest zip line systems.
Day 6-9 Manuel Antonio/Quepos Area
Make your way to your hotel on one of the beautiful beaches of the Pacific coast. Chill out or hit the surf, there is plenty to do here.
Day 10 San José
Return to San José for the night.
Day 11 San José
Depart at any time. Departure shuttle included.
Find dates, prices, and more trip options.Book Now