View prices for all departures
for 1 traveler
for 2 travelers
for 3 travelers
Drive from coast to coast, from the Caribbean-flavoured beaches of Costa Rica's Atlantic to the Latin rhythms of Guanacaste, known for its miles of beaches, killer surf and consistently sunny weather. In between, make a stop on the country's volcanic backbone at active Arenal Volcano, a wonderland of rafting, hiking, waterfalls and hot springs.
- Arrival and departure transfers.
- Breakfast daily at most hotels. (Allow USD315-415 for meals not included.)
- Simple hotel (10 nts)
- By choosing the car option with the Costa Rica pass, you gain the flexibility of a car with the comfort of a set itinerary. As with the bus transfer option, all accommodation is included in the cost of the pass.
The standard model used with the Costa Rica Pass is the Daihatsu Terios, which seats three comfortably, leaving room for four pieces of standard luggage. The car is manual transmission, four door, with 4WD capabilities, A/C and AM/FM radio. It also comes equipped with surf racks, baby seats (if requested at the time of booking) and list of important numbers. You will also be provided with country maps and directions to destinations.
Be advised that in order to pick up your vehicle, you will require a valid drivers license, passport and major credit card. The driver must between 23 – 75 years old at the time of rental. An international drivers license is not required, only a valid license from your home country.
Other costs associated with the car option include:
- A mandatory USD 18 per day insurance fee to be paid locally
- All fuel costs.
- A USD 750 deposit that will be charged to your credit card and withheld for the duration of your rental. Barring any damages, this will be refunded in full when the car is returned.
OTHER OPTIONAL COSTS
- Additional drivers will be charged USD 2 per day, paid locally.
- A non-deductible insurance package with the same coverage as above is available at USD 9 per day.
- Local assistance; hotel staff.
Click to enlarge
G Adventures’ Classic trips provide meaningful small-group travel experiences to curious travellers eager to interact with the world as it truly is.Learn more
Day 1 Arrive San José
Arrive in San José at any time.
Day 2-4 Cahuita/Puerto Viejo
Drive down from the central highlands to your hotel in Cahuita or Puerto Viejo, on the Caribbean Coast. Enjoy the surf and sand, or relax with a ceviche and cerveza.
Day 5-6 La Fortuna
Drive to your hotel in the town of La Fortuna, located at the foot of the Arenal Volcano. Enjoy from a variety of options including hiking, rafting and shopping.
Day 7-9 Guanacaste
Make your way to your hotel on one of the beautiful beaches of Guanacaste on the northern Pacific coast. Which beaches are better - the Caribbean or the Pacific? You'll be able to decide after this trip.
Day 10 San José
Return to San José and enjoy one last night on the town.
Day 11 San José
Depart at any time.
Find dates, prices, and more trip options.Book Now