Explore Sigriya rock fortress, watch the stilt fishermen in Galle, enjoy local flavours at a village meal, gain insight into the national heritage at a tea plantation, relax on pristine beaches
For most travellers, Sri Lanka has been off the map for too long. Well, it's back. Discover the vibrant colours, diverse cultures and swaying palm trees of this tropical jewel on a 14-day trip designed to please. You'll explore tea plantations and rock fortresses, try stilt fishing in Galle and get inspired at an elephant sanctuary. This trip is about more than just beaches and stunning views; it's about the inspiring people you'll meet along the way.
- Fishing village walking tour (Negombo). Dutch canal boat ride. Dambulla Cave Temple visit (Sigiriya). Sigiriya Rock Fortress tour. Village tour with local lunch. Spice plantation visit. Temple of the Tooth guided tour (Kandy). Cultural dance performance. Tea factory visit. Elephant Transit Home visit (Uda Walawe). Wilderness walking tour (Hikkaduwa). Galle Fort tour and stilt fishing demonstration. Beach time in Hikkaduwa Beach. Colombo orientation walk. All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- 13 breakfasts, 1 lunch. (Allow USD280-340 for meals not included.)
- Hotels (12 nts), tented camping (1 nights).
- Public bus, van, boat, train
- Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout, local guides.
- Small group experience; Max 16, avg 12
Add to your Experience
Book Air, Save a BundleSAVE $100 when you book your airfare with us
That's right. Book your airfare when you book your G Adventures trip and we'll slice $100 off the price for you. Simply enter promo code G13PLUSAIR100 when prompted and we'll do the rest.
Offer valid for new bookings only with international air travel originating in North America added to a land booking. Not valid with any other discount, offer or promotion. Subject to availability. Must book by June 30, 2014, for travel by February 1, 2015. Subject to airline regulations and restrictions.
Day 1 Negombo
Arrive at any time.
Day 2 Negombo (1B)
Boat ride in Dutch Canal. Mix with the locals at the fish market.
Day 3-4 Sigiriya (2B,1L)
Visit Dambulla Cave Temple before watching the sunset over the lake. Guided tour of the rock fortress of Sigiriya—a World Heritage site. Meet locals and share a meal in a nearby village.
Day 5-6 Kandy (2B)
Drive through Knuckles Mountain Range and visit a spice plantation en route to Kandy. Take in a cultural performance in the evening. Guided visit to the famous Temple of the Tooth. Opt to visit the Botanical Gardens or an Ayurvedic hospital.
Day 7-8 Nuwara Eliya (2B)
Depart Kandy by train. Explore a traditional tea plantation in the central highlands. Gain insight into the process of growing tea and its effect on the Ceylon region. Opt to visit Horton Plains Nature Reserve for a hike in the forest or take it easy and stroll the local markets.
Day 9 Uda Walawe (1B)
Visit the Elephant Transit Home at Uda Walawe. Overnight on the banks of Kiriodiya river.
Day 10 Hikkaduwa Beach (1B)
Free day to explore this gorgeous beach town. Opt to wander the town, go whale watching or try some surfing and snorkelling.
Day 11 Galle/Hikkaduwa Beach (1B)
Learn about stilt fishing—a tradition founded and practiced in this area. Experience the cultural history of Sri Lanka's south coast at the colonial Dutch fort of Galle. Following the city tour, head to Hikkaduwa Beach.
Day 12 Hikkaduwa Beach (1B)
Pristine beaches offer a perfect setting to relax. Opt to go windsurfing, fishing or snorkelling.
Day 13 Colombo (1B)
Travel to the capital, Colombo. Enjoy an orientation walk of the fort area.
Day 14 Colombo (1B)
Depart at any time.
Find dates, prices, and more trip options.Book Now