Explore ancient ruins off the beaten path in the Sacred Valley, visit local villages and a women's weaving co-op, take in mountain views on the scenic train to Machu Picchu, three nights cruising and exploring the Galápagos National Park aboard the Queen of Galápagos, snorkel with sea lions and sea turtles
Please note, these local payments are not included in the price of this tour.+10.00 USD (Transit Control Card)+100.00 USD (Galapagos Park Fee)
Experience two wonders of the ancient world on one comprehensive trip full of culture, discovery and exploration. Begin in the “Lost City of the Incas” – the ideal place to unleash your inner historian – and journey through majestic ruins and local villages bursting with culture, with an optional one-day hike up the Inca Trail. Then set off for the Galápagos island chain to see the incredible archipelago wildlife in the company of an expert naturalist guide. In the evenings, return to the comfortable Queen of Galápagos to reflect on the day’s adventure under a canopy of stars. Retire to air-conditioned cabins with exclusive lower berths and private bathrooms.
- Arrival transfer on Day 1. Sacred Valley tour (2-day) including Ollantaytambo, Moray and Pisac ruins, pre-Incan salt pans, visit to the Planeterra-supported Women's Weaving Co-op in a local village and lunch at the Planeterra-supported Sacred Valley Community Restaurant in Huchuy Qosco, an indigenous village. Traditional Pachamanca-style dinner. Scenic train and guided tour of Machu Picchu. 3 nts in the Galápagos Islands aboard the Queen of Galápagos. Flights to and from the Galápagos Islands. All meals aboard the Queen of Galápagos. Certified Galápagos National Park Service guide. All landings, excursions, and transportation. Snorkelling equipment. Visit to a wildlife interpretation centre. All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- 12 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 4 dinners. (Allow USD250-350 for meals not included. Drinks and tips while on the yacht are extra. You must pay a USD10 Transit Control Card fee at the Quito airport and a USD100 (cash) Galápagos park entry fee immediately upon arrival to the Islands (subject to increase).)
- Comfort hotels (9 nts), Queen of Galápagos motorized yacht (3 nts, twin-share cabins).
- Public bus, train, plane, walking, Queen of Galápagos motorized catamaran, Zodiac.
- Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout while in Peru (Days 1-8). Local guides. Galápagos National Park Service guide while in the islands. Local G Adventures representative in Quito.
- Small group experience; Max 16, Avg 12
Book Air, Save a BundleSAVE $100 when you book your airfare with us
That's right. Book your airfare when you book your G Adventures trip and we'll slice $100 off the price for you. Simply enter promo code G13PLUSAIR100 when prompted and we'll do the rest.
Offer valid for new bookings only with international air travel originating in North America added to a land booking. Not valid with any other discount, offer or promotion. Subject to availability. Must book by June 30, 2014, for travel by February 1, 2015. Subject to airline regulations and restrictions.
Day 1 Lima
Arrive at any time (arrival transfer included).
Day 2-3 Sacred Valley (2B,1L,1D)
Early flight to Cusco then on to the Sacred Valley where we spend two days exploring with a local guide. We visit the Ccaccaccollo community and the Planeterra-sponsored Women's Weaving Co-op. Visit the Planeterra-supported Sacred Valley Community Restaurant in Huchuy Qosco, an indigenous village for lunch. Explore the Pisac and Moray ruins and visit the local handicraft market. Also visit the pre-Incan salt pans of Las Salineras and enjoy a traditional Pachamanca-style dinner of local specialities.
Day 4 Aguas Calientes (1B)
Early transfer to Ollantaytambo where we explore the ruins before catching the scenic train journey to Aguas Calientes with option to visit the market. Those who have chosen the option in advance for the single-day Inca Trail hike will disembark the train at 104km (65 mi) and trek to the Sun Gate and Machu Picchu before rejoining the group at Aguas Calientes for the night.
Day 5 Machu Picchu/Cusco (1B)
Enjoy a guided tour of the Machu Picchu ruins. Free time to explore on your own or take an optional visit to the Inca Bridge before returning to Cusco by train.
Days 6 Cusco (1B)
Today is free to explore Cusco's historic streets, museums and local markets. Active options include whitewater rafting, horseback riding, and mountain biking.
Day 7 Lima (1B)
Fly back to Lima and explore the "City of Kings."
Day 8 Lima to Quito
Fly to Quito. Flight is unescorted and included in the price of the tour.
Day 9 San Cristóbal Island (B,L,D)
Early flight to San Cristóbal island in the Galápagos. Meet your guide and transfer to the ship. Visit Isla Lobos in the afternoon.
Day 10 South Plaza Island & North Seymour Island (1B,1L,1D)
Land at South Plaza in the morning for wildlife spotting opportunities and a walk through the cactus forest. In the afternoon, visit North Seymour for guided walks to observe birds and wildlife, including vast sea lion colonies.
Day 11 Chinese Hat & Las Bachas (B,L,D)
Visit to Chinese Hat for snorkelling opportunities and to observe the birds and sea lions before taking an excursion to the beach on Las Bachas in the afternoon to relax on the beach or swim in the crystal-clear waters.
Day 12 Santa Cruz Island & Quito (B)
Disembark in Puerto Ayora and visit the Charles Darwin Research Station to see giant Galápagos tortoises. Fly back to Quito.
Day 13 Quito (B)
Depart at any time.
Find dates, prices, and more trip options.Book Now