Discover ancient civilizations and architectural wonders, relax at the Red Sea, enjoy an overnight felucca journey with support boat, bargain in bazaars, camp in a Bedouin tent, marvel at the rock-cut architecture of Petra
A wide-ranging adventure showcasing the region’s natural wonders and fascinating cultures, offering the perfect combination of guided excursions and free time to explore at your own pace. Our expert local leaders will share with you the archaeological and historical secrets of the ancient sites of Petra, Luxor and the Great Pyramids of Giza. Whether it’s haggling in Cairo’s bustling bazaars or snapping a desert sunset, Egypt and Jordan will be etched into your memory like a hieroglyph.
- Pyramids of Giza and Sphinx entrance and guided tour. Entrance and guided visit of Kom Ombo and Edfu temples. Nubian village visit and traditional dinner. Felucca overnight sailing excursion with support boat. Edfu and Kom Ombo temples entrance and guided tour. Temple of Hatshepsut and Valley of the Kings guided visit and donkey ride. Colossi of Memnon visit. Traditional meal with local family (Luxor). Planeterra-supported library and community centre visit. Islamic Cairo guided tour including Khan el-Khalili bazaar and Egyptian Museum. Beach time at the Red Sea. Wadi Rum jeep excursion. Bedouin camp overnight with local meals. Petra day pass and local guide. Shobak and Karak castles visit. Madaba mosaics guided tour. Dead Sea visit. Internal flight. All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- 16 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 5 dinners. (Allow USD285-375 for meals not included.)
- Hotels (12 nts), sleeper trains (2 nts), felucca (1 nt), desert camping (1 nt).
- Private air-con van, train, felucca, donkey, ferry, 4x4 pickup truck
- Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout.
- Small group experience; Max 15, avg 10
Add to your Experience
Book Air, Save a BundleSAVE $100 when you book your airfare with us
That's right. Book your airfare when you book your G Adventures trip and we'll slice $100 off the price for you. Simply enter promo code G13PLUSAIR100 when prompted and we'll do the rest.
Offer valid for new bookings only with international air travel originating in North America added to a land booking. Not valid with any other discount, offer or promotion. Subject to availability. Must book by June 30, 2014, for travel by February 1, 2015. Subject to airline regulations and restrictions.
G Adventures’ Classic trips provide meaningful small-group travel experiences to curious travellers eager to interact with the world as it truly is.Learn more
Please note: To confirm your G Adventures tour in Egypt, we require you to sign an Acknowledgement of Risk document due to current travel warnings associated with Egypt. This will be sent to you at the time you hold an option. Once it is sent back to our sales team, we can confirm you on your tour.
Day 1 Cairo
Arrive at any time.
Day 2 Cairo (1B,1D)
Guided tour of the Pyramids of Giza and the Sphinx. Overnight train to Aswan.
Days 3-5 Aswan (3B,1L,2D)
Visit a Nubian village and enjoy a home-cooked dinner with the locals. Felucca overnight sailing trip. Option to visit the temples of Abu Simbel.
Days 6-7 Luxor (2B,1L,1D)
Enjoy a guided tour of the Valley of the Kings and Temple of Hatshepsut. Opt to visit Karnak Temple and Luxor Museum before lunch with a local family on the West Bank of the Nile. Take a guided tour to Kom Ombo and Edfu temples. Visit to a Planeterra-supported library and community education centre – feel free to bring along books in English or Arabic to donate. Overnight train to Cairo.
Day 8 Cairo (1B)
Guided tour of Cairo, visit to Khan el-Khalili bazaar and the Egyptian Museum.
Days 9-10 Nuweiba (2B)
Optional visit to Mt Sinai while in Nuwebia. Opt to snorkel in the Red Sea or relax on the beach.
Day 11 Aqaba (1B)
Ferry from Nuweiba to Aqaba, Jordan.
Day 12 Wadi Rum (1B,1D)
Wadi Rum desert camping 4x4 excursion with traditional dinner.
Days 13-14 Petra (2B)
Guided tour of ancient city of Petra.
Day 15 Madaba (1B)
Visit Shobak and Karak castles, guided tour of the Madaba mosaics.
Day 16 Amman (1B)
Opt to swim in the Dead Sea or explore the city's highlights.
Day 17 Amman (1B)
Depart at any time.
Find dates, prices, and more trip options.Book Now