Marvell at ancient Egyptian temples and ruins, savour a traditional dinner in a local family's home, visit a Planeterra-supported library project, explore ancient Petra with a local expert, overnight in a desert camp and learn about the ancient Bedouin culture
There's something indefinitely alluring about the mysteries of ancient Egypt. From the ruins to the mummies to the mythology behind the pyramids, this is a trip that no archaeology or history buff should miss. This 19-day trip is packed full of highlights of Egypt and Jordan, including the Sphinx, a Nile river cruise, and visits to Petra and the Dead Sea. With internal flights taken care of and comfortable accommodations awaiting you every night, you can sit back and focus on the wonders in the desert.
- Arrival transfer. Entrance and guided tour of the Pyramids of Giza and the Sphinx. Entrance fee and guided walk in the Alexandria Library, Catacombs and Pompey’s Pillar. Guided tour of the Egyptian Museum. Flights and guided visit to Abu Simbel. Felucca sail to a Nubian village with community walk and local Nubian dinner. 3-night Nile Cruise. Guided tours to Kom Ombo and Edfu Temples. Visit to the Colossi of Memnon. Entrance fee and guided tour of the Valley of the Kings, Hatshepsut Temple and Karnak Temple. Visit a Planeterra-supported library and community education centre. Dinner in a local family's home. Guided tour of Jerash. Visit to the Dead Sea. Entrance and guided tour to the Madaba mosaics. Visit Mount Nebo. Admission and guided visit to Kerak Castle. Petra 2-day entrance and 1-day guided tour. Cooking demonstration and dinner in Wadi Musa township. Visit Little Petra. Wadi Rum 4x4 jeep excursion and local lunch with overnight in a tented desert camp. All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- 18 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 10 dinners. (Allow USD350-400 for meals not included.)
- Comfort hotels (13 nts), Nile cruise boat (3 nts), sleeper train (1 nt), comfort desert camp (1 nt).
- Private air-conditioned van, train, Nile cruise boat, plane, 4x4, walking.
- Certified Egyptologist as Chief Experience Officer (CEO) in Egypt, local CEO in Jordan.
- Small group experience; Max 16, Avg 10.
Add to your Experience
Book Air, Save a BundleSAVE $100 when you book your airfare with us
That's right. Book your airfare when you book your G Adventures trip and we'll slice $100 off the price for you. Simply enter promo code G13PLUSAIR100 when prompted and we'll do the rest.
Offer valid for new bookings only with international air travel originating in North America added to a land booking. Not valid with any other discount, offer or promotion. Subject to availability. Must book by June 30, 2014, for travel by February 1, 2015. Subject to airline regulations and restrictions.
Please note: To confirm your G Adventures tour in Egypt, we require you to sign an Acknowledgement of Risk document due to current travel warnings associated with Egypt. This will be sent to you at the time you hold an option. Once it is sent back to our sales team, we can confirm you on your tour.
Day 1 Cairo
Arrive at any time. Arrival transfer included.
Day 2 Cairo/Alexandria (1B)
Tour of the Great Pyramids of Giza and the Sphinx. Option for a camel ride at the pyramids. Continue to Alexandria for the night.
Day 3 Alexandria (1B)
Explore the seaside city of Alexandria including Pompey's Pillar, the catacombs and the new library.
Day 4 Cairo (1B,1D)
Guided tours of the monasteries of Wadi Natrun and the Egyptian Museum before boarding the sleeper train to Aswan.
Days 5-6 Aswan (2B,1L,2D)
Flight to Abu Simbel, guided tour of the famed temples. Felucca boat ride on the Nile to a Nubian village, enjoy a home-cooked dinner with locals. Option to explore the Aswan market.
Days 7-8 Nile River Cruise (2B,2L,2D)
Float down the Nile on a cruise boat with guided tours of Kom Ombo and Edfu Temples en route.
Days 9-10 Valley of the Kings/Luxor (2B,1D)
Visit the Colossi of Memnon and take guided tours of the Valley of the Kings, Temple of Hatshepsut and Karnak Temple. Enjoy the unique experience of visiting a Planeterra-supported library and community education centre, visit a local family in their home for a traditional meal. Option to visit Luxor Temple, and the Mummification and Luxor Museums.
Day 11 Cairo (1B)
Flight to Cairo. Remainder of your day is free, opt to visit the Khan el-Khalili bazaar or tour Coptic Cairo.
Day 12 Cairo/Amman (1B)
Flight to Amman, Jordan. Transfer to the hotel and meet your new CEO this evening.
Day 13 Jerash/Dead Sea (1B,1D)
Guided visit to Jerash, one of the largest and most well-preserved Roman ruins outside of Italy. Continue to the Dead Sea, opt to swim and enjoy health and beauty treatments utilising natural sea salts and mud.
Day 14 Mt Nebo/Madaba/Karak Castle/Wadi Musa (1B)
Visit the ancient town of Madaba, famous for its mosaics and churches. View Israel from the summit of Mt Nebo and visit the desert crusader castle at Karak. Overnight in Wadi Musa.
Day 15-16 Petra (2B,1D)
Enjoy a guided tour of Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, with 2-day entrance allowing plenty of free time to explore. On Day 16, enjoy a cooking demonstration with a dinner of local specialities.
Day 17 Wadi Rum (1B,1L,1D)
Take a tour of 'Little Petra' before continuing to Wadi Rum in the heart of Jordan's desertscape. After lunch, continue by 4x4 to the desert camp to savour a traditional meal and learn more about the ancient Bedouin culture and history.
Day 18 Amman (1B,1D)
Return to Amman and enjoy a farewell dinner at a local restaurant. Opt to take a city tour.
Day 19 Amman (1B)
Depart at any time.
Find dates, prices, and more trip options.Book Now