Visit some of the most revered wonders of the ancient world with a certified egyptologist, marvel at the Pyramids of Giza and the temples of Abu Simbel, savour a traditional Nubian dinner in a local village, visit a Planeterra-supported library and community project, bargain with the locals in bazaars and markets
Encompassing Egypt’s greatest highlights and a 3-day luxury Nile cruise, this itinerary enhances a wide variety of included activities with the expertise of our CEOs, through whom you’ll gain a greater appreciation of the region’s history and archaeological finds. Discover the secrets of the Great Pyramids and explore the Valley of the Kings, then meet local people and share a traditional meal. A combination of sleeper trains, air-conditioned transport and domestic flights will get you to the sights—and your comfortable accommodations—quickly and conveniently. From ancient history to bustling modern Cairo, embark on an incredible journey to the very heart of Egypt.
- Arrival transfer. Entrance and guided tour of the Pyramids of Giza and the Sphinx. Entrance fee and guided walk in the Alexandria Library, Catacombs and Pompey’s Pillar. Entrance and guided visit of the Egyptian Museum. Flights and guided visit to Abu Simbel. Felucca sail to a Nubian village with community walk and local Nubian dinner. 3-night Nile Cruise. Entrance and tour of Kom Ombo and Edfu Temples. Visit the Colossi of Memnon. Entrance fee and guided tour of the Valley of the Kings, Hatshepsut Temple and Karnak Temple. Visit a Planeterra-supported library and community education centre. Dinner in a local family's home. All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- 11 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 6 dinners. (Allow USD300-350 for meals not included.)
- Comfort hotels (7 nts), Nile cruise boat (3 nts), sleeper train (1 nt).
- Private air-conditioned van, train, felucca, Nile cruise boat, plane, walking.
- Certified Egyptologist as Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout.
- Small group experience; Max 16, Avg 10.
Add to your Experience
Book Air, Save a BundleSAVE $100 when you book your airfare with us
That's right. Book your airfare when you book your G Adventures trip and we'll slice $100 off the price for you. Simply enter promo code G13PLUSAIR100 when prompted and we'll do the rest.
Offer valid for new bookings only with international air travel originating in North America added to a land booking. Not valid with any other discount, offer or promotion. Subject to availability. Must book by June 30, 2014, for travel by February 1, 2015. Subject to airline regulations and restrictions.
Please note: To confirm your G Adventures tour in Egypt, we require you to sign an Acknowledgement of Risk document due to current travel warnings associated with Egypt. This will be sent to you at the time you hold an option. Once it is sent back to our sales team, we can confirm you on your tour.
Day 1 Cairo
Arrive at any time. Arrival transfer included.
Day 2 Cairo/Alexandria (1B)
Embark on a guided tour of the Great Pyramids of Giza and the Sphinx with option for a camel ride at the pyramids. Continue to the historic Mediterranean city of Alexandria.
Day 3 Alexandria (1B)
Spend the day exploring this seaside including Pompey's Pillar, the catacombs and the new Alexandria Library.
Day 4 Cairo (1B,1D)
Head back to Cairo with a tour inside the monasteries of Wadi Natrun en route. Visit the Egyptian Museum with the option to see the mummy room before boarding our overnight sleeper train to Aswan.
Days 5-6 Aswan (2B,1L,2D)
Arrive early to Aswan with option to explore the busy Aswan market. Later take a scenic felucca ride on the Nile to a Nubian village, and enjoy a home-cooked dinner with locals. On Day 6, fly to the famed temples of Abu Simbel for a guided tour, land later board our river cruise-ship for the night.
Days 7-8 Nile River Cruise (2B,2L,2D)
Spend 2-Days floating down the Nile on a luxury river boat with guided tours of Kom Ombo and Edfu Temples en route. In between excursions, relax on the outside decks with a drink, watching the passing desert sands.
Days 9-10 Valley of the Kings/Luxor (2B,1D)
Visit the Colossi of Memnon and enjoy guided tours of the Valley of the Kings, Temple of Hatshepsut and Karnak Temple. Enjoy the unique experience of visiting a Planeterra-supported library and community education centre, as well a dinner in a local family's home. Option to visit Luxor Temple, and the Mummification and Luxor museums.
Day 11 Cairo (1B)
Catch a flight back to Cairo with options to visit the Khan el-Khalili bazaar, tour Coptic Cairo or enjoy a dinner show on a floating restaurant on the Nile.
Day 12 Cairo (1B)
Depart at any time.
Find dates, prices, and more trip options.Book Now