Exploring ancient temples, felucca sailing excursion, camel ride, donkey ride to the Valley of the Kings, relaxing at the beach.
Explore the Great Pyramids, sail the Nile on a traditional felucca and enjoy the sites of Luxor from a horse-drawn carriage. This adventure includes nights spent in comfortable hotels and an evening on a sleeper train, allowing you to cover the highlights at a leisurely pace and leaving plenty of time for fun in the hotel pool or splashing in the waters of the Red Sea. Finish back in Cairo, where you'll experience the riches of the Egyptian Museum before searching for elusive treasures of your own in exotic bazaars. Just take care that brass lamp doesn't contain a genie.
- Arrival transfer, entrance and guided tour of Pyramids and Sphinx, admission and guided tour of the Egyptian Museum, overnight sleeper train to Aswan, felucca sailing trip, camel ride to St Simeon Monastery, dinner with a local Nubian family, visit to the Colossi of Memnon, donkey ride, entrance fees and guided tour of Valley of the Kings and Hatsheput Temple, dusk tour of Luxor by horse drawn carriage,Local lunch in Luxor, entrance and guided visit of Mummification Museum, flight from Hurghada to Cairo, excursion to Khan al Khalili bazaar.
- 11 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 5 dinners (Allow USD190-250 for meals not included)
- Comfort hotels (10 nts), sleeper train (1 nt)
- Private van, sleeper train, camel, donkey, horse-drawn carriage, plane, walking
- Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout
- Small group experience; Max 15, avg 10
Add to your Experience
Book Air, Save a BundleSAVE $100 when you book your airfare with us
That's right. Book your airfare when you book your G Adventures trip and we'll slice $100 off the price for you. Simply enter promo code G13PLUSAIR100 when prompted and we'll do the rest.
Offer valid for new bookings only with international air travel originating in North America added to a land booking. Not valid with any other discount, offer or promotion. Subject to availability. Must book by June 30, 2014, for travel by February 1, 2015. Subject to airline regulations and restrictions.
Just because you’ve settled down and had kids doesn’t mean your adventuring days are through. Family trips open up the world of adventure travel to kids age four and up by letting them experience their planet on their own terms.Learn more
Day 1 Cairo
Arrive at any time and transfer to your hotel.
Day 2 Cairo, Overnight train (B,D)
Guided tour of the Pyramids of Giza. Overnight sleeper train to Aswan.
Days 3-4 Aswan (2B,1D)
Felucca sailing trip and a camel ride to St Simeon's Monastery. Visit to a Nubian village with home-cooked dinner. Option to visit the magnificent temples of Abu Simbel.
Days 5-7 Luxor (3B,1L)
Horse-drawn carriage to explore Luxor, visit to the Colossi of Memnon. Donkey ride and guided tour of the Valley of the Kings and Temple of Hatshepsut. Option to visit the temples of Kom Ombo and Edfu.
Days 8-10 Red Sea Coast (3B,3D)
Head to Hurghada on the Red Sea coast to enjoy some beach and snorkelling time.
Day 11 Cairo (B)
Return flight to Cairo. Guided tour to the Egyptian Museum. Visit to Khan El Khalili bazaar.
Day 12 Cairo (B)
Depart at any time.