Eight days cruising and swimming the Galápagos Islands by yacht, soaking in hot springs, feeling like a local on a Quichua homestay, encountering wildlife in the Amazon, shopping at the Otavalo Market.
Please note, these local payments are not included in the price of this tour.+10.00 USD (Transit Control Card)+100.00 USD (Galapagos Park Fee)
Experience the wildlife of the Galápagos and the diversity of the Amazon on this ultimate Ecuadorean adventure. Get to know Ecuador inside out—from the Andes to the islands and miss nothing in between. Explore the jungle by canoe and stay with a local Quichua family. Scour the indigenous handicraft market at Otavalo for special treasures before flying to the Galápagos to spend a week exploring the islands aboard Daphne. Our exclusively operated fleet of yachts offers great value—there’s no better way to explore the region.
- 2-day Amazon jungle homestay. 2-day excursion to Amazon jungle lodge. Day trip to Otavalo market. 7 nights in the Galápagos Islands. Incredible wildlife encounters. Daily opportunities for swimming and snorkelling. Flights to and from the Galápagos Islands. Snorkelling equipment onboard Galeapagos yacht. Internal flights. All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- 14 breakfasts, 10 lunches, 11 dinners. (Allow USD285-375 for meals not included. Drinks and tips while on the yacht are extra. You must pay a USD10 Tourist Transit card fee at the Quito airport and a USD100 (cash) Galapagos park entry fee immediately upon arrival to the Islands (subject to increase).)
- Hotels (10 nts), jungle lodge (2 nts), simple village cabins (multi-share) (2 nts), historic mountain hacienda (2 nts), twin-share cabin on board the motorized yacht (7 nts).
- Public bus, plane, pickup truck, motorized canoe, motorized superior class yacht, zodiacs.
- Chief Experience Officer (CEO) from day 1-15, local guides, local naturalist guide (certified by the Galápagos National Park), local representative in Quito.
- Small group experience; Max 16, avg 10
Book Air, Save a BundleSAVE $100 when you book your airfare with us
That's right. Book your airfare when you book your G Adventures trip and we'll slice $100 off the price for you. Simply enter promo code G13PLUSAIR100 when prompted and we'll do the rest.
Offer valid for new bookings only with international air travel originating in North America added to a land booking. Not valid with any other discount, offer or promotion. Subject to availability. Must book by June 30, 2014, for travel by February 1, 2015. Subject to airline regulations and restrictions.
Day 1 Quito
Arrive at any time.
Day 2 Papallacta Hot Springs (1B)
Free morning to explore Quito. Travel by bus in the afternoon to Papallacta Hot Springs.
Days 3-4 Amazon Homestay (1B,1L,2D)
Travel by bus into the Amazon. Spend two nights with a local Quichua family in a small village.
Days 5-6 Jungle Lodge (2B,2L,2D)
Journey further into the Amazon to a jungle lodge. Included guided walks and canoe rides to learn about natural history and to spot wildlife. Optional whitewater rafting excursion.
Days 7-8 Baños (1B)
Continue by bus to Baños. Numerous outdoor optional activities are available like hiking, horseback riding and mountain biking, or soak in the nearby hot springs.
Days 9-10 Cuenca
Private transfer south to the colonial city of Cuenca. Stop at Ingapirca ruins, they are the largest and best preserved archaeological site in Ecuador. Optional day trips to Cajas National Park.
Days 11-12 Cayambe
Fly back to Quito. Private transportation to Cayambe. Spend a night at a 400-year-old hacienda at the base of volcano.
Days 13-14 Otavalo
Visit Otavalo and the famous handicrafts market. Return by bus to Quito in the afternoon on Day 14.
Day 15 Quito (1B)
Enjoy a free day to explore Quito. Option to visit Basilica or explore the old town.
Days 16 Galápagos (1B,1L,1D)
Fly in the morning to the Galápagos Islands and transfer to the boat.
Days 17-22 Galápagos (6B,6L,6D)
Spend a week cruising the islands to view the abundant wildlife and enjoy the scenery. Daily excursions with our naturalist guide to learn about the history and wildlife. Daily opportunities for swimming and snorkelling.
Day 23 Quito (1B)
Disembark the boat in the morning, transfer to the airport and fly back to Quito.
Day 24 Quito (1B)
Depart at any time.
Find dates, prices, and more trip options.Book Now