Eight days cruising and swimming the Galapagos Islands by yacht, soaking in hot springs, feeling like a local on a Quichua homestay, encountering wildlife in the Amazon, shopping at the Otavalo Market.
Experience the wildlife of the Galapagos and the diversity of the Amazon on this ultimate Ecuadorean adventure. Get to know Ecuador inside out—from the Andes to the Islands and miss nothing in between. Explore the jungle by canoe and stay with a local Quichua family. Scour the indigenous handicraft market at Otavalo for special treasures before flying to the Galapagos to spend a week exploring the islands aboard our comfortable g1. Our exclusively operated fleet of yachts offers great value—there’s no better way to explore the region.
- 2-day Amazon jungle homestay, 2-day excursion to Amazon jungle lodge, Day trip to Otavalo market, 7 nights in the Galapagos Islands, Visit to Charles Darwin Research Station, Incredible wildlife encounters, Daily opportunities for swimming and snorkelling, Flights to and from the Galapagos Islands, Snorkeling equipment onboard Galapagos Yacht.
- 14 Breakfasts, 10 Lunches, 11 Dinners. (Allow USD285-375 for meals not included. Drinks and tips while on the yacht are extra. You must pay a USD10 Tourist Transit card fee at the Quito airport and a USD100 (cash) Galapagos park entry fee immediately upon arrival to the Islands (subject to increase).)
- Hotels (10 nts), jungle lodge (2 nts), simple village cabins (multi-share) (2 nts), historic mountain hacienda (2 nts), twin-share cabin on board the motorized yacht (7 nts).
- Public bus, plane, pickup truck, motorized canoe, motorized tourist superior class yacht, zodiacs.
- Chief Experience Officer (CEO) from day 1-15, local guides, local naturalist guide (certified by the Galapagos National Park), local representative in Quito.
- Small group experience; Max 16, Avg 10
Book Air, Save a BundleSAVE $100 when you book your airfare with us
That's right. Book your airfare when you book your G Adventures trip and we'll slice $100 off the price for you. Simply enter promo code G13PLUSAIR100 when prompted and we'll do the rest.
Offer valid for new bookings only with international air travel originating in North America added to a land booking. Not valid with any other discount, offer or promotion. Subject to availability. Must book by June 30, 2014, for travel by February 1, 2015. Subject to airline regulations and restrictions.
G Adventures’ Classic trips provide meaningful small-group travel experiences to curious travellers eager to interact with the world as it truly is.Learn more
Day 1 Quito
Arrive at any time.
Day 2 Papallacta Hot Springs (B)
Free morning to explore Quito. Travel by bus in the afternoon to Papallacta Hot Springs.
Days 3-4 Amazon Homestay (2B,1L,2D)
Travel by bus into the Amazon. Spend two nights with a local Quichua family in a small village.
Days 5-6 Jungle Lodge (2B,2L,2D)
Journey further into the Amazon to a jungle lodge. Included guided walks and canoe rides to learn about natural history and to spot wildlife. Optional whitewater rafting excursion.
Days 7-8 Baños
Continue by bus to Baños. Numerous outdoor optional activities are available like hiking, horseback riding and mountain biking, or soak in the nearby hot springs.
Days 9-11 Cuenca
Bus ride south to colonial city of Cuenca. Optional day trips to Cajas National Park or to the Inca ruins of Ingapirca. Fly back to Quito.
Days 12-13 Cayambe
Travel by bus to Cayambe. Spend a night at a 400 year-old hacienda at the base of a volcano. Optional hike to the volcano's glacier.
Days 14-15 Otavalo/Quito
Visit Otavalo and the famous handicrafts market. Return by bus to Quito in the afternoon.
Days 16 Galapagos (B,L,D)
Fly in the morning to the Galapagos Islands and transfer to the boat.
Days 17-22 Galapagos (6B,6L,6D)
Spend a week cruising the islands to view the abundant wildlife and enjoy the scenery. Daily excursions with our naturalist guide to learn about the history and wildlife. Daily opportunities for swimming and snorkelling.
Day 23 Quito (B)
Disembark the boat in the morning, transfer to the airport and fly back to Quito.
Day 24 Quito (B)
Depart at any time.