Witness whitetip sharks at 'Shark Alley', travel by public speedboats around the Galapagos Islands, camp in the highlands of Santa Cruz Island with views towards the ocean, visit Charles Darwin Research Station and the Giant Tortoise Breeding Centre, hike Sierra Negra Volcano.
Please note, these local payments are not included in the price of this tour.+10.00 USD (Transit Control Card)+100.00 USD (Galapagos Park Fee)
This 9-day adventure is perfect for those who want to experience the incredible wildlife and scenery of the Galapagos Islands but prefer to sleep on shore—so your time on the water is limited to commuting between islands. Go ashore at the lesser-visited island of Isabela and spend your days with playful sea lions, giant manta rays and the Galapagos giant tortoise. With fewer inclusions but plenty of options, you can choose which activities are right for you and experience one of the natural wonders of the world on a budget.
- Visit to the Interpretation Centre (San Cristóbal). Hike to "Las Tijeretas" (San Cristóbal). Full-day hike of Sierra Negra Volcano. Visit to Charles Darwin Research Station (Santa Cruz). Visit to the "Muro de las Lagrimas" and Tortoise Breeding Centre (Isabela Island). Opportunities for snorkelling, swimming and Incredible wildlife encounters. Internal flights.
- 1 lunch, 1 dinner (Allow USD255-340 for meals not included. You must pay a USD10 Tourist Transit card fee at the Quito airport, a USD100 (cash) Galapagos park entry fee immediately upon arrival to the islands (subject to increase) and USD5 for the Isabela Municipal tax.)
- Simple hotels (7 nts, some multi-share), camping (1 nt).
- Plane, speedboat, van, pickup truck, Zodiac, public bus.
- Local naturalist guide for included activities in the Galapagos Islands (certified by the Galapagos National Park), Chief Experience Officer (CEO) in Quito.
- Small group experience; Max 16, Avg 10
Add to your Experience
Book Air, Save a BundleSAVE $100 when you book your airfare with us
That's right. Book your airfare when you book your G Adventures trip and we'll slice $100 off the price for you. Simply enter promo code G13PLUSAIR100 when prompted and we'll do the rest.
Offer valid for new bookings only with international air travel originating in North America added to a land booking. Not valid with any other discount, offer or promotion. Subject to availability. Must book by June 30, 2014, for travel by February 1, 2015. Subject to airline regulations and restrictions.
Day 1 Quito
Arrive at any time.
Day 2-3 San Cristóbal
Fly to San Cristóbal Island. Visit the Interpretation Centre, hike to 'Las Tijeretas' for birdwatching and enjoy a free to day chill out. Swim in the bay, anyone?
Day 4 Santa Cruz (1L,1D)
Take a morning speedboat to Santa Cruz. See giant Galapagos land tortoises in the wild then camp in the highlands at a sustainable living farm area.
Day 5-6 Isabela
Travel by speedboat to Isabela Island. Visit the Giant Tortoise Breeding Centre as well as the 'Wall of Tears'. Full day tours to Sierra Negra Volcano, optional surf lessons and snorkelling.
Day 7 Santa Cruz
Hop on a speedboat to Santa Cruz and visit the Charles Darwin Centre. Free time to walk to beautiful Tortuga Bay in the afternoon. Opt to get active by kayaking, mountain biking or snorkelling.
Day 8 Quito
Say goodbye to the Galapagos Islands and take a morning flight back to Quito. Enjoy a final night out with the group.
Day 9 Quito
Depart at any time.
Find dates, prices, and more trip options.Book Now