Wander around modern and ancient Delhi, revel in the Mughal magnificence of the Taj Mahal and Fatephur Sikri, visit rural villages and historic forts, explore India's vibrant cities
This compact Indian journey will introduce you to three very different northern cities and the colourful rural life of Rajasthan. From the hectic pace of Delhi with its bustling markets, magnificent monuments and colonial past, travel by private transport to Agra and the mesmerizing beauty of the Taj Mahal—truly one of the wonders of the world. Discover why Jaipur is called the 'Pink City' and get a taste of village life in Abhaneri with its magnificent stepwells. Photographers and culture lovers won't be disappointed on this classic adventure.
- Walking tour with a guide from the Planeterra-supported New Delhi Streetkids Project. Old Delhi walk with stops at the Jama Masjid, Gurduwara, Chandni Chowk and Connaught Place. Jaipur City Palace entrance and guided tours. Amber Fort and Fatephur Sikri visit. Red Fort visit (Agra). Taj Mahal visit. I'timad-ud-daulah (Baby Taj) entrance. Abhaneri village walk and stepwell visit. All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- (Allow USD135-175 for meals not included.)
- Hotels (7 nts).
- Charter bus, taxis, auto-rickshaw, cycle-rickshaw.
- Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout, local guides.
- Small group experience; Max 15, avg 12
Add to your Experience
Book Air, Save a BundleSAVE $100 when you book your airfare with us
That's right. Book your airfare when you book your G Adventures trip and we'll slice $100 off the price for you. Simply enter promo code G13PLUSAIR100 when prompted and we'll do the rest.
Offer valid for new bookings only with international air travel originating in North America added to a land booking. Not valid with any other discount, offer or promotion. Subject to availability. Must book by June 30, 2014, for travel by February 1, 2015. Subject to airline regulations and restrictions.
G Adventures’ Classic trips provide meaningful small-group travel experiences to curious travellers eager to interact with the world as it truly is.Learn more
Day 1 Delhi
Arrive at any time.
Day 2 Delhi/Agra
Enjoy an included walk through the backstreets of Delhi with a young adult taking part in the Planeterra-supported New Delhi Streetkids Project. As a former street kid, your guide will offer a unique insight into the real Delhi.
Day 3 Agra
Visit to the famous Taj Mahal, Baby Taj and Red Fort.
Day 4 Bharatpur
Stop at Fatehpur Sikri, the now-deserted former capital of the Mughals. In the afternoon, arrive to Bharatpur. Opt to relax or take a rickshaw ride in Keoladeo National Park.
Days 5-6 Jaipur
Visit the Palace of the Winds and wander the organized streets of the 'Pink City'. Enjoy a visit to the Amber Fort, famous for its mixture of Hindu and Muslim architecture. Option to watch a Bollywood movie in Raj Mandir.
Day 7 Delhi
Return to Delhi in the afternoon. Enjoy free time to explore more of the city.
Day 8 Delhi
Depart at any time.
Find dates, prices, and more trip options.Book Now