Experience the Tibetan cultural capital of Lhasa, witness monks in debate and prayer, explore rural villages and lunar landscapes, hike to Everest Base Camp
From the sacred peaks of Tibet to lush green Nepalese valleys, explore the best of the Himalaya on this 2-week tour. Discover mighty temples and small outposts on a journey that offers incredible vistas at every turn of the trail. Our expert CEOs will take the hassle out of planning and help you find the secluded spots only the locals know—and leave you with time to explore. In the thin mountain air of Rombuk, the highest monastery in the world, you'll enjoy unparalleled views of Mt Everest. So make sure your camera is charged—you're going to need it.
- Kathmandu orientation walk. Lunch at the Planeterra-supported Sisterhood of Survivors Project. Lhasa orientation walk. Potala Palace entrance. Sera or Drepung Monastery visit. Jokhang Temple entrance. Pelkor Chode, Gyantse Kunbum and Tashilhunpo Monastery visits. Sakya Monastery visit. Rombok visit. Everest Base Camp entrance and hike. Zhangmu Pass. Internal flight. All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- 1 lunch. (Allow USD240-315 for meals not included.)
- Hotels/guesthouses (12 nts), very basic guesthouse (1 nt, limited facilities).
- Plane, local bus, air-con bus
- Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout, local guides.
- Small group experience; Max 14, avg 12
Add to your Experience
Book Air, Save a BundleSAVE $100 when you book your airfare with us
That's right. Book your airfare when you book your G Adventures trip and we'll slice $100 off the price for you. Simply enter promo code G13PLUSAIR100 when prompted and we'll do the rest.
Offer valid for new bookings only with international air travel originating in North America added to a land booking. Not valid with any other discount, offer or promotion. Subject to availability. Must book by June 30, 2014, for travel by February 1, 2015. Subject to airline regulations and restrictions.
G Adventures’ Classic trips provide meaningful small-group travel experiences to curious travellers eager to interact with the world as it truly is.Learn more
Day 1 Kathmandu
Arrive at any time.
Day 2 Kathmandu
Take an orientation walk in Durbar Square.
Days 3-6 Lhasa
Take a morning flight to Lhasa. Enjoy an orientation walk around Barkhor Square and guided tour of the Potala Palace and Norbulinka, Jokhang Temple and Sera Monastery.
Day 7 Gyantse
Drive to Gyantse along Yamdrok Tso.
Day 8 Shigatse
Visit the Pelkor Chode Monastery, Gyantse Kumbum and Tashilunpo Monastery.
Day 9 Sakya
Visit the Sakya Gompa.
Day 10 Rombuk/Everest Base Camp
Visit Rombuk, the highest monastery in the world. Hike to Everest Base Camp for a closer view of this magnificent mountain.
Day 11 Lao Tingri
This town may be a small outpost, but the views are truly spectacular.
Day 12 Zhangmu
Leave the Tibetan Plateau and travel to the border town of Zhangmu.
Day 13 Kathmandu (1L)
Cross the border and travel to Kathmandu. Visit the Sisterhood of Survivors Project, a grassroots organization that trains survivors of human-trafficking to become certified paralegals. Meet some beneficiaries of the program and learn about traditional Nepali food. Learn how to make Nepalese momos (dumplings) with some of the women before enjoying an authentic local lunch.
Day 14 Kathmandu
Depart any time.
Find dates, prices, and more trip options.Book Now