Devour seafood in Anchorage, hike in stellar Denali National Park, stare up at Mt McKinley, hear glaciers groan at Wrangell-St Elias National Park, marvel at the views of the Kenai Peninsula
A vast, rugged land of jaw-dropping beauty and abundant wildlife, Alaska remains America’s last truly unconquered frontier. Up to the challenge? This 15-day adventure will put you in touch with this massive state better than you’d imagined possible, mixing hotel stays with cabins typical of the Alaskan wilderness. Along the way, you’ll sample amazingly fresh seafood in Anchorage, hike Denali National Park, investigate glaciers and be blown away by the awesome majesty of your surroundings. Prepare to have your horizons expanded tenfold.
- All national and state park entrance fees. Kenai Peninsula stay. Kenai Fjord visit. Exit Glacier hike. Ferry to Valdez. Portage Glacier and Whittier views. Worthington Glacier stop. Wrangell-St Elias National Park stay. Kennicott ghost town and McCarthy visit. Cooper River Valley drive. Tangle Lakes stay. Denali National Park visit and stay. Anchorage orientation walk. All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- 3 breakfasts, 10 lunches. (Allow USD300-350 for meals not included)
- Standard hotels (3 nts), cabins (2 nts, en suite facilities), basic hotels (2 nts, shared facilities), basic hotels (3 nts, triple-share, shared facilities), cabins (4 nts, twin-share, shared facilities)
- Air-con private touring van, ferry, hiking
- Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout.
- Small group experience; Max 13, avg 10
Book Air, Save a BundleSAVE $100 when you book your airfare with us
That's right. Book your airfare when you book your G Adventures trip and we'll slice $100 off the price for you. Simply enter promo code G13PLUSAIR100 when prompted and we'll do the rest.
Offer valid for new bookings only with international air travel originating in North America added to a land booking. Not valid with any other discount, offer or promotion. Subject to availability. Must book by June 30, 2014, for travel by February 1, 2015. Subject to airline regulations and restrictions.
G Adventures’ Classic trips provide meaningful small-group travel experiences to curious travellers eager to interact with the world as it truly is.Learn more
Day 1 Anchorage
Arrive at any time.
Days 2-3 Homer (1B, 1L)
Travel along the coast of the Kenai Peninsula. Enjoy a hike on the way to Homer. Opt to take a water taxi to explore Kachemak Bay or try your hand at a local sport– halibut fishing.
Days 4-5 Seward (1B, 2L)
Explore Kenai Peninsula and the Kenai Fjords, viewing glaciers, sea bird colonies and orcas. Option to take a boat cruise or go kayaking. Hike the Exit Glacier and opt to visit the Sealife Center.
Day 6 Valdez (1L)
Take the ferry across the Gulf of Alaska and into Prince William Sound. View Portage Glacier and Whittier before arriving to Valdez.
Days 7-9 Wrangell-St Elias National Park (1B, 1L)
Travel toward the huge and wild Wrangell-St Elias National Park, stop at Worthington Glacier en route. Spend a full day exploring the park and hiking around. Discover the ghost town of Kennicott, then visit historic McCarthy. Opt for a scenic flight, glacier walk or ice climbing.
Day 10 Tangle Lakes (1L)
Drive through Copper River Valley en route to Tangle Lakes, checking out the fishwheels (for salmon) along the way.
Days 11-13 Denali National Park (3L)
See Mt McKinley, the highest mountain in North America, en route to Denali. Enjoy several days exploring Denali National Park. Enjoy some hiking in this remote wilderness. Opt for a scenic flight or whitewater rafting.
Day 14 Anchorage (1L)
Drive to Anchorage and enjoy an orientation walk of the city before an optional farewell dinner.
Day 15 Anchorage
Depart at any time.
Find dates, prices, and more trip options.Book Now