Explore the Bund and the famous Shanghai Museum, cycle Yangshuo's dramatic rice fields, relax on a Three Gorges cruise, visit the Terracotta Warriors, walk along the Great Wall
Experience the towering achievements of China's rich history as you uncover its past along the Great Wall and reflect on its future among Shanghai’s gleaming towers. Explore the country’s great cities, magnificent architecture, Buddhist heritage and archaeological treasures. Float down the Yangtze River and wander among iconic limestone karsts. Our expert CEOs will reveal the region’s hidden gems, taking the hassle out of travel so you can focus on experiencing all that China has to offer.
- Shanghai orientation walk. Shanghai Museum entrance. West Lake orientation walk (Hangzhou). Tea plantation visit. Yangshuo countryside bike tour with local lunch. Three Gorges boat trip. Terracotta Warriors tour. Tiananmen Square and Forbidden City guided tour. Great Wall entrance. Internal flights. All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 2 dinner. (Allow USD260-320 for meals not included.)
- Hotels (8 nts), sleeper train (2 nts), Yangtze boat (3 nts).
- Train, plane, local bus, air-con bus, boat.
- Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout, local guides.
- Small group experience; Max 16, avg 12
Add to your Experience
Book Air, Save a BundleSAVE $100 when you book your airfare with us
That's right. Book your airfare when you book your G Adventures trip and we'll slice $100 off the price for you. Simply enter promo code G13PLUSAIR100 when prompted and we'll do the rest.
Offer valid for new bookings only with international air travel originating in North America added to a land booking. Not valid with any other discount, offer or promotion. Subject to availability. Must book by June 30, 2014, for travel by February 1, 2015. Subject to airline regulations and restrictions.
G Adventures’ Classic trips provide meaningful small-group travel experiences to curious travellers eager to interact with the world as it truly is.Learn more
Day 1 Shanghai
Arrive at any time.
Day 2 Hangzhou
Visit the Shanghai Museum before boarding a bullet train to Hangzhou. Enjoy a short orientation walk through this glamorous city.
Days 3-5 Guilin/Yangshuo (1L)
On Day 3, visit a tea plantation in Longjing village and the famous West Lake before an evening flight to Guilin and transfer to Yangshuo. Spend Days 4 and 5 enjoying the beautiful scenery in this region. Take a guided cycle ride through the stunning countryside with included local lunch. Options to experience a local cooking school, practice tai chi or see the Light and Sound show.
Days 6-9 Yangtze River (3B,2L,2D)
Fly to Chongqing and prepare for a 2-day boat journey along the Yangtze River, cutting through the magnificent Three Gorges. Overnight train to Xi'an on Day 9.
Days 10-11 Xi'an
Enjoy all Xi'an has to offer. Visit the Terracotta Warriors. Opt to cycle the ancient city walls. Take on overnight train on Day 11 to Beijing.
Days 12-13 Beijing
Included tours of the Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square and the Great Wall.
Day 14 Beijing
Depart at any time.
Find dates, prices, and more trip options.Book Now