Search for lemurs and unique wildlife, learn about endemic flora and fauna in world-famous national parks, visit local artisan workshops, lounge on the beautiful beaches, savour dinner with a local family
Wild landscapes, village culture, beaches—Madagascar might be an island but there’s nothing small about it. For those who like to get remote, this isolated island is packed with wildlife, landscapes and people you’ll find nowhere else. (And everybody loves lemurs!) You’ll get to embrace local life but still have time to relax at the beach. Best of all, there’s always a local CEO there to lead the way and provide a link to the unusual and extraordinary.
- Andasibe-Mantadia National Park guided walk. Artisan workshop visit. Ghost talker visit. Homestay and traditional dinner. Ranomafana National Park guided walk and visit with cultural experience. Tea plantation and paper factory visits. Anja Reserve walk. Isalo National Park visit. Mahafaly's tomb visit. Beach time in Ifaty. Internal flight. All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- 1 breakfast, 1 dinner. (Allow USD150-200 for meals and drinks not included.)
- Hotels (12 nts), homestay (1 nt, multi-share).
- Private minibus, plane, walking.
- Chief Experience Officer (CEO), driver throughout, local guides.
- Small group experience; Max 16, avg 12
Book Air, Save a BundleSAVE $100 when you book your airfare with us
That's right. Book your airfare when you book your G Adventures trip and we'll slice $100 off the price for you. Simply enter promo code G13PLUSAIR100 when prompted and we'll do the rest.
Offer valid for new bookings only with international air travel originating in North America added to a land booking. Not valid with any other discount, offer or promotion. Subject to availability. Must book by June 30, 2014, for travel by February 1, 2015. Subject to airline regulations and restrictions.
Day 1 Antananarivo
Arrive at any time.
Days 2-3 Andasibe-Mantadia National Park
Visit the upland rainforest. Guided walk in Andasibe-Mantadia National Park.
Days 4-5 Antsirabe/Fiadanana (D)
Visit an artisan workshop. Opt to visit Lake Andraikiba or explore the town by foot, bicycle or in a famous 'pousse-pousse'. Listen to a ghost talker in a local village. Homestay and dinner with a local family.
Day 6 Ranomafana (B)
Learn traditional rituals from the local villagers. Guided night walk in Ranomafana National Park.
Day 7 Ambalavao
Early morning guided walk in Ranomafana National Park. Stop at a tea plantation and visit a local paper factory.
Days 8-9 Ranohira/Isalo
Guided walk at Anja Reserve, then explore Isalo National Park.
Day 10-12 Ifaty
Visit Mahafaly's tomb, see the giant baobab trees. Visit a spiny forest. Relax and enjoy the breathtaking beaches of the Mozambican Channel.
Day 13 Toliara/Antananarivo
Transfer to Toliara, then fly to Antananarivo for your last night together.
Day 14 Antananarivo
Depart at any time.
Find dates, prices, and more trip options.Book Now