Fall in love with cosmopolitan Cape Town, visit a Planeterra-supported school project, search for the Big Five on safari in Africa's premiere wildlife parks, feel the power of the great Victoria Falls, snap photos of stunning African sunsets, enjoy a sundowner at a homestay and on a houseboat in Botswana
If watching nature shows on TV has gotten a little stale, try getting up close with the wildlife of Southern Africa instead. With a maximum group size of 9, you’ll immerse yourself in the best of Africa's wildlife, visiting the top national parks and private reserves of the region. We also explore the many different faces of culture. Have dinner with a local family, visit a local school project and participate in a homestay along the Chobe River. Prepare for amazement.
- Arrival transfer. Orientation tour of Cape Town and Cape Point including the penguins at Boulders Beach. Traditional Braai dinner. Panoramic Route scenic drive. Kruger National Park entrance fee with game drive in an open vehicle. Visit a local village and Planeterra-supported school. Timbavati Private Nature Reserve entrance fee with game drives in open safari vehicles. Dinner with a local Afrikaans family. Tour of Victoria Falls. All National Park and game reserve entrances in Botswana. Chobe River homestay. Open vehicle game drives in Savuti, Chobe National Park, Khwai River and Moremi area. Okavango Delta 2-night houseboat excursion with game viewing and bird watching. All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- 21 breakfasts, 8 lunches, 11 dinners. (Allow USD450-575 for meals and drinks not included.)
- Comfort hotels (11 nts), homestay (1 nt), lodge/chalet (2 nts), comfort tented camps (5 nts), houseboat (2 nts).
- Flight, air-conditioned touring vehicle, open safari vehicle, 4x4 vehicle, van, walking, boat.
- Chief Experience Officer (CEO) in Cape Town, CEO/driver for Kruger portion, local G representative in Livingstone, CEO/driver in Botswana.
- Small group experience; Max 9, Avg 6.
Book Air, Save a BundleSAVE $100 when you book your airfare with us
That's right. Book your airfare when you book your G Adventures trip and we'll slice $100 off the price for you. Simply enter promo code G13PLUSAIR100 when prompted and we'll do the rest.
Offer valid for new bookings only with international air travel originating in North America added to a land booking. Not valid with any other discount, offer or promotion. Subject to availability. Must book by June 30, 2014, for travel by February 1, 2015. Subject to airline regulations and restrictions.
Day 1 Cape Town
Arrive at any time. Arrival transfer included.
Day 2-3 Cape Town (2B)
Explore stunning Cape Town including the Castle of Good Hope and continue to Cape Point to visit the penguins at Boulders Beach. On Day 3, option to visit Robben Island, Table Mountain, or embark on a wine tour around Stellenbosch.
Day 4 Johannesburg (1B,1D)
Flight to Johannesburg and transfer to hotel. Meet your CEO and enjoy a traditional South African Braai (barbecue) dinner.
Day 5 Panorama Route/Graskop (1B)
Enjoy a scenic drive along the famed Panorama Route with stops at Blyde River Canyon and Bourke's Luck Potholes.
Day 6 Kruger National Park area (1B,1D)
Embark on an afternoon game drive inside Kruger National Park in an open safari vehicle. Photograph the hordes of wildlife and scerene African landscapes, before continuing to the safari lodge outside the park gates. This evening enjoy an African-style dinner in the open-aired traditional boma and be serenaded by the night sounds of Africa.
Days 7-8 Timbavati Private Nature Reserve (2B,1L,2D)
This morning, visit to a Planeterra-supported Children’s Day School located just outside Krugar National Park, then on to our luxury tented camp inside a private nature reserve. Enjoy morning and evening open vehicle safari game drives searching out Africa's famed Big Five who cross back and forth through the unfenced Kruger area. Take high tea at the camp and relax at the pool.
Day 9 Johannesburg (1B,1D)
After one last safari drive, head back to the city for dinner with a local Afrikaans family.
Day 10 Johannesburg/Livingstone (1B)
Flight to Livingstone, Zambia to meet the local G representative.
Day 11-12 Livingstone (2B)
Enjoy a guided half-day tour of Victoria Falls. On Day 9, option to enjoy whitewater rafting, canoeing, an elephant-back safari or a flight over the falls.
Day 13 Livingstone (1B)
Enjoy your day with various optional activities to choose from. This evening, meet your Botswana CEO for a briefing.
Day 14 Kasane/Chobe River (1B,1L,1D)
Cross the border into Botswana to a private home on the Chobe River, where we stay the night. Option to take a sunset photography river cruise for wildlife viewing with an expert photography/wildlife guide.
Day 15 Chobe National Park (1B,1L,1D)
This morning, take a slow gamedrive along the southern bank of the Chobe River, then travel deeper into the Chobe wilderness to Ghoha Hills. Enjoy late afternoon game viewing in open vehicles around the hills and waterholes in search of elephants, lions, hippos and giraffes.
Day 16-17 Khwai River/Moremi area (2B,2L,2D)
Drive to the Khwai River area bordering Moremi Game Reserve via Savuti. Embark on morning and afternoon open vehicle game drives with time to relax at the comfortable tented camp and enjoy dinner under the stars.
Day 18 Maun (1B)
After a morning game drive, transfer to the frontier town of Maun. Opt to shop and take a scenic flight over the delta.
Day 19-20 Okavango Delta (2B,2L,2D)
Transfer to the houseboat, home for the next two nights in the Okavango Delta, the world's largest inland delta. With a private houseboat, explore more secluded area of the delta, embarking on small boats into the channels and waterways for wildlife viewing. Opt to go fishing or on a cultural excursion to Tsoldilo Hills to view ancient San Bushman rock paintings.
Day 21 Livingstone (1B,1L)
Transfer by van and ferry back to Zambia for the final night.
Day 22 Livingstone (1B)
Depart at any time.
Find dates, prices, and more trip options.Book Now