Conquer the Lares Trek to Machu Picchu, Marvel at Sacred Valley scenery, interact with local communities, sample seafood in Lima.
Special Offers and Promotions
- Book Now Save 15%Departures Jun 01 - Aug 31Expires in 7 daysPromo Code DSSAM8814
Perfect for those looking to experience the region’s archaeological and cultural treasures in a short amount of time. Along with a visit to the cloud forest citadel of Machu Picchu, this trip will reward you with an intriguing combination of mountainscapes and a 3-day Lares trek—a less-travelled but equally rewarding and challenging alternative to the classic Inca Trail. Because we run our own treks, we can ensure the fair treatment of our support staff and the quality of food and equipment so that you’re free to enjoy a glimpse into the rural communities of the highlands around Cusco.
- Sacred Valley and Ollantaytambo ruins guided tour with visit to a Planeterra-supported women's weaving project and lunch at the Planeterra-supported Sacred Valley Community Restaurant in Huchuy Qosco, an indigenous village (full-day). 3-day Lares Trek with local guide, cook and porters. Overnight at Planeterra supported community-owned camp. Planeterra-supported handmade biodegradable soap products for use on the Lares Trek. Guided tour of Machu Picchu
- 7 Breakfasts, 4 Lunches, 2 Dinners. (Allow USD120-190 for meals not included.)
- Hotels (5 nts), camping (2 nts).
- Plane, train, van, hiking.
- G Representatives in Lima and Cusco, specialist trekking CEO on hike.
- Small group experience; Max 16, Avg 12
Add to your Experience
Book Air, Save a BundleSAVE $100 when you book your airfare with us
That's right. Book your airfare when you book your G Adventures trip and we'll slice $100 off the price for you. Simply enter promo code G13PLUSAIR100 when prompted and we'll do the rest.
Offer valid for new bookings only with international air travel originating in North America added to a land booking. Not valid with any other discount, offer or promotion. Subject to availability. Must book by June 30, 2014, for travel by February 1, 2015. Subject to airline regulations and restrictions.
- Machu Picchu
View our Peru Trekking Page
Learn more about our Inca Trail, Lares Trek & Peru Hiking Tours.
Day 1 Lima
Arrive at any time.
Day 2 Cusco (1B)
Early flight to Cusco. Free day for shopping and exploring the city. Optional city tour.
Day 3 Sacred Valley/Ollantaytambo (1B, 1L)
Full-day guided tour of the Sacred Valley and Ollantaytambo ruins along with a visit to a Planeterra-supported women's weaving project in a local community. Visit the Planeterra-supported Sacred Valley Community Restaurant in Huchuy Qosco, an indigenous village for lunch. Shopping opportunities at a local market.
Day 4-6 Lares Trek (4B,3L,2D)
3-day guided Lares trek to Ollantaytambo, spending the first night at a Planeterra-supported campsite, train to Aguas Calientes. Enjoy Planeterra-supported handmade biodegradable soap products for use on the Lares Trek.
Day 7 Machu Picchu/Cusco
Guided tour of Machu Picchu. Optional visit to the Inca Bridge before returning to Cusco in the evening.
Day 8 Cusco (1B)
Depart at any time.
Find dates, prices, and more trip options.Book Now