Trek the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, explore the pre-Incan ruins of Tihuanaco, witness life on Lake Titicaca, haggle at Sacred Valley markets
From the bustling market-filled streets of La Paz to Incan culture high in the Andes, this 2-week adventure provides a panoramic view of Peru and a glimpse of Bolivia. Embrace cultures past and present in Cusco and La Paz and interact with locals from the region’s communities for an immersive experience that few rarely get to know. Conquer the Inca Trail, one of the world’s best known and challenging hikes, and experience the stunning views of majestic Machu Picchu. As the region’s largest operator, we run our own treks, which ensures the fair treatment of our porters, quality food, service and equipment.
- Tianhuanaco visit. Floating islands of Uros visit. Lake Titicaca guided tour and homestay. Cusco stay. Sacred Valley and Ollantaytambo ruins guided tour with visit to a Planeterra-supported women's weaving project (full-day). Lunch at the Planeterra-supported Sacred Valley Community Restaurant in Huchuy Qosco, an indigenous village. Inca Trail guided hike with cooks and porters (4-day). Planeterra-supported handmade biodegradable soap products for use on the Inca Trail. Machu Picchu guided tour. Internal flight. All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- 14 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 4 dinners. (Allow USD250-400 for meals not included.)
- Hotels (10 nts), camping (3 nts), homestay (1 nt).
- Public bus, plane, train, boat, ferry, hiking.
- Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout, specialist Inca Trail CEO on the hike, local guides.
- Small group experience; Max 16, avg 12
Add to your Experience
Book Air, Save a BundleSAVE $100 when you book your airfare with us
That's right. Book your airfare when you book your G Adventures trip and we'll slice $100 off the price for you. Simply enter promo code G13PLUSAIR100 when prompted and we'll do the rest.
Offer valid for new bookings only with international air travel originating in North America added to a land booking. Not valid with any other discount, offer or promotion. Subject to availability. Must book by June 30, 2014, for travel by February 1, 2015. Subject to airline regulations and restrictions.
G Adventures’ Classic trips provide meaningful small-group travel experiences to curious travellers eager to interact with the world as it truly is.Learn more
View our Peru Trekking Page
Learn more about our Inca Trail, Lares Trek & Peru Hiking Tours.
This trip also runs in reverse from Lima to La Paz. See Inca Empire
Day 1 La Paz
Arrive at any time.
Day 2 La Paz/Tiahuanaco (1B)
Included visit of the pre-Incan ruins of Tiahuanaco.
Day 3 Puno (1B)
Travel by bus through the altiplano, crossing the border to the Peruvian city of Puno on the shores of Lake Titicaca.
Days 4-5 Lake Titicaca/Taquile Island (2B,1L,1D)
Visit to the floating islands of Uros and guided tour of Lake Titicaca with a homestay in a small village. Optional visit to Sillustani burial site.
Days 6-7 Cusco (2B)
Travel to Cusco. The next day is free to enjoy the city's museums and local markets. Optional city tour.
Day 8 Sacred Valley/Ollantaytambo (1B,1L)
Full-day guided tour of the Sacred Valley and Ollantaytambo ruins along with a visit to a Planeterra-supported women's weaving project in a local community. Enjoy lunch at the Planeterra-supported Sacred Valley Community Restaurant in Huchuy Qosco, an indigenous village. Shopping opportunities at a local market.
Days 9-12 Inca Trail/Machu Picchu (4B,3L,3D)
4-day guided Inca Trail hike with visit to Machu Picchu. Planeterra-supported handmade biodegradable soap products for use on the Inca Trail. Optional visit to the Inca Bridge before returning to Cusco.
Day 13 Cusco (1B)
Free day to explore Cusco or relax. Active options include whitewater rafting, horseback riding and mountain biking.
Day 14 Lima (1B)
Fly to Lima. Optional city tour or free time to explore.
Day 15 Lima (1B)
Depart at any time.
Find dates, prices, and more trip options.Book Now