Explore India's vibrant cities, discover ancient forts and temples, revel in the beauty of Agra's Taj Mahal, stay with the locals in the Kerala backwaters
If you’re looking for a taste of India’s world-class highlights but still want to explore some of its hidden gems, this action-packed adventure serves up a great combination. Stand in awe of the Taj Mahal's perfection, wander the French Quarter of Pondicherry, search for tigers in the wild—experience the iconic highlights of the North before flying south for even more culture and wilderness. Appreciate the colours of Rajasthan and the Tamil style of the Sri Meenakshi Temple. Our CEO will lead the way and eliminate the hassle so you can experience incredible India.
- Walking tour with a guide from the Planeterra-supported New Delhi Streetkids Project. Old Delhi walk with stops at the Jama Masjid, Gurduwara, Chandni Chowk, spice markets and Connaught Place. Taj Mahal and I’timad-ud-Daulah (Baby Taj) entrance. Red Fort entrance and guided tour. Fatehpur Sikri monuments entrance and guide. Abhaneri village walk and stepwell visit. Jaipur City Palace entrance and guide. Amber Fort and Hawa Mahal tour (Jaipur). Fort Kochi orientation walk. Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary walk. Mudumalai National Park safari. Chaumundi Temple and Mysore Palace visit. Mamallapuram Shore Temple visit. Pondicherry orientation walk. Madurai cycle-rickshaw ride and Sri Meenakshi Temple visit. Cardamom hills spice plantation tour. Kerala backwaters homestay with guide. Internal flight. All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- 1 breakfast, 1 lunch, 2 dinners. (Allow USD400-480 for meals not included.)
- Hotels/guesthouses (19 nts), homestay (1 nt).
- Train, plane, private bus, taxi, auto-rickshaw, cycle-rickshaw.
- Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout, local guides.
- Small group experience; Max 15, avg 12
Add to your Experience
Book Air, Save a BundleSAVE $100 when you book your airfare with us
That's right. Book your airfare when you book your G Adventures trip and we'll slice $100 off the price for you. Simply enter promo code G13PLUSAIR100 when prompted and we'll do the rest.
Offer valid for new bookings only with international air travel originating in North America added to a land booking. Not valid with any other discount, offer or promotion. Subject to availability. Must book by June 30, 2014, for travel by February 1, 2015. Subject to airline regulations and restrictions.
G Adventures’ Classic trips provide meaningful small-group travel experiences to curious travellers eager to interact with the world as it truly is.Learn more
Day 1 Delhi
Arrive at any time.
Day 2 Delhi/Agra
Take a morning walk through the city with a young adult from the Planeterra-supported New Delhi Streetkids Project. Later, visit Old Delhi, explore the spice markets and visit Jama Masjid and Connaught Place. Drive to Agra in the afternoon.
Day 3 Agra
Visit the Taj Mahal, Red Fort and Baby Taj.
Day 4 Bharatpur
En route to Bharatpur, visit Fatehpur Sikri, the now-deserted former capital of the Mughals. In the afternoon, opt to take a cycle-rickshaw in Keoladeo Ghana National Park.
Days 5-6 Jaipur
Visit Abhaneri, known for its beautiful stepwells and the famous Harshat Mata Temple. In the afternoon, reach Jaipur and visit the Hawa Mahal and Amber Fort. Opt to watch a Bollywood movie in Raj Mandir cinema.
Day 7 Delhi
Return to Delhi in the afternoon.
Days 8-9 Kochi (Cochin)
Fly to Kochi. Orientation walk in Fort Kochi.
Days 10-11 Wayanad (Kalpetta)
Take a morning train, then scenic drive, to Wayanad. Explore nature trails in Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary and Eddakal prehistoric caves.
Day 12 Mudumalai Wildlife Sanctuary
Spend the night at the Mudumalai Wildlife Sanctuary. The sanctuary provides one of the most important refuges for the elephant and bison in India.
Days 13 Mysore
Enjoy an included visit to Chaumundi Temple and Mysore Palace.
Days 14-15 Mamallapuram (Mahabalipuram)
Take an afternoon train to Chennai and a short bus ride to Mamallapuram where we visit the Shore Temple.
Day 16 Pondicherry
Continue to Pondicherry, a former French territory; learn about Sri Aurobindo Ghose at the ashram.
Days 17-18 Madurai
Drive to Madurai and enjoy a cycle-rickshaw tour of the city and Sri Meenakshi Temple.
Day 19 Thekkady (1D)
Guided tour of the spice plantations in Cardamom Hills.
Day 20 Kerala Backwaters Homestay (1L,1D)
Go by private bus to Alleppey before switching to a riverboat to the homestay. Experience local life and enjoy a guided walk along the lagoon.
Day 21 Kochi (1B)
Tour ends on arrival in Kochi. Onward travel can be booked for 4pm or later.
Find dates, prices, and more trip options.Book Now