Explore ancient temples and monuments, barter for bargains in bazaars, taste local specialties
A truly memorable tour through this ancient and beautiful land. Marvel at the Great Pyramids and travel by donkey to the Valley of the Kings and King Tut's tomb. Experience the culture first hand while dining at a traditional Nubian family home, and practice your bartering skills at the colourful markets and bazaars. Perfect for the adventurer who wants to see the highlights of this amazing country at their own pace.
- Entrance and guided tour of Pyramids and Sphinx, Entrance and guided tour of Egyptian Museum, Felucca tour, Elephantine island village tour and Nubian dinner, Entrance and guided tour of Temples of Kom Ombo and Edfu, Entrance and guided visit to Valley of the Kings and Queen Hatshepsut Temple, Arrival transfer.
- 5 Breakfasts,1 dinner (Allow USD170-225 for meals not included)
- Simple hotels (5 nts), overnight seated train (2 nts)
- Private car or van, overnight seated train, walking
- Local representative, local guides
Day 1 Cairo
Arrive in Cairo and transfer to the hotel.
Day 2 Cairo (B)
Explore the Great Pyramids at Giza and the famous Sphinx with optional camel ride. Visit to the Egyptian Museum before boarding overnight train to Aswan.
Days 3-4 Aswan (2B,1D)
Explore beautiful Aswan before enjoying a felucca ride and local dinner at a Nubian village. Take an optional excursion to explore one of Egypt's most impressive temples, Abu Simbel.
Days 5-7 Luxor (3B)
En route to Luxor, visit the famous Kom Ombo and Edfu temples. Visit to the Valley of the Kings and Temple of Hapshepsut. Options in Luxor include Karnak Temple and Luxor Temple and Museum.
Day 8 Cairo
Arrive in Cairo by overnight train on the morning of our final day. Tour concludes on arrival at the train station.