Enjoy a traditional khantoke dinner in a rural village, observe the daily life of monks and visit sacred temples, learn about Cambodian history (both ancient and modern), take thrilling cyclo rides for a different perspective in bustling cities, eat well while giving back at local training restaurants in Hanoi and Siem Reap
Special Offers and Promotions
- Book Now Save 15%Departures Jun 01 - Aug 31Expires in 7 daysPromo Code DSSEA9214
Past meets present in this adventure that takes you from Bangkok to Hanoi and just about everywhere in between. With a busy culture richly steeped in tradition, there's always something to see or do on this journey through Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand, be it witnessing the daily rituals of monks, participating in an authentic Thai cooking class or taking cyclo rides and guided boat excursions. Make sure you stay up late for the night markets, too!
- Arrival transfer. Tour of Bankok including boat on the Klong canals, the Grand Palace and Wat Phra Kaew temple. Visit Doi Suthep Buddhist Temple visit. Rural village visit with authentic khantoke dinner in a local family's home. Thai cooking class with market visit. Orientation walk of Chiang Mai night market. Tour of Luang Prabang, including the Laos Royal Palace Museum, Wat Xiengthong and Wat Visoun temples, and sunset on Phuosi Hill. Boat tour to Pak Ou Temple caves and local village visits. Observe a Laos sunrise Buddhist ritual. Kuang Sii waterfall excursion. Hanoi old town cyclo tour with lunch at a local training restaurant. Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum visit. Halong Bay traditional boat with cave and island tour. Ho Chi Minh City cyclo tour. Cu Chi tunnels tour. Phnom Penh cyclo tour. Tuol Sleng Prison Museum tour and Choeung Ek memorial (the Killing Fields) tour. Siem Reap orientation walk and night market. 2-day guided tour of Angkor Wat temple complex. Visit and lunch at New Hope (a Planeterra-supported project). All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- 17 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 2 dinners. (Allow USD300-400 for meals not included.)
- Comfort hotels (16 nts), junk boat (1 nt).
- Private bus/van, boat, tuk tuk, plane, cyclo, traditional junk boat, walking.
- Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout, local guides.
- Small group experience; Max 16, Avg 10.
Book Air, Save a BundleSAVE $100 when you book your airfare with us
That's right. Book your airfare when you book your G Adventures trip and we'll slice $100 off the price for you. Simply enter promo code G13PLUSAIR100 when prompted and we'll do the rest.
Offer valid for new bookings only with international air travel originating in North America added to a land booking. Not valid with any other discount, offer or promotion. Subject to availability. Must book by June 30, 2014, for travel by February 1, 2015. Subject to airline regulations and restrictions.
Day 1 Bangkok
Arrive at any time. Arrival transfer included.
Day 2 Chiang Mai (1B)
Explore Bangkok and take a boat along the klong canals to visit the Grand Palace and sacred emerald Buddha at Wat Phra Kaew temple. Later, catch a flight to Chiang Mai.
Day 3 Chiang Mai (1B,1D)
Visit the Doi Suthep Buddhist temple and listen to monks chanting at sunset. Later, enjoy an authentic khantoke dinner and community visit in a local village. Option to visit the Elephant Conservation Centre or local handicraft workshops.
Day 4 Chiang Mai (1B,1L)
Visit the market with a local chef to learn about traditional ingredients. Participate in a Thai cooking class and enjoy our creations for lunch. Later, visit the bustling Chiang Mai night market. Options for shopping or spa.
Day 5 Luang Prabang (1B)
Flight to Luang Prabang, Laos. Visit the Royal Palace Museum, Wat Xiengthong and Wat Visoun Temples, then catch a boat to Pak Ou Temple caves with stops in local villages.
Day 6-7 Luang Prabang (2B)
On Day 6, rise at dawn to watch the monks collecting offerings of food from the locals and receive a blessing. Afternoon excursion to stunning Kuang Sii waterfall. Upon returning climb Phuosi Hill to watch the sunset over this UNESCO World Heritage designated town. Day 7 is free for optional activities, such as visiting textile galleries and the night market, relaxing in one of the town's cafés or visiting the Ethnology Museum.
Day 8 Hanoi (1B,1L)
Flight to Hanoi. Guided cyclo ride and orientation tour of the Old Quarter and enjoy lunch at Hoa Sua, an NGO and training school for disadvantaged youth.
Day 9 Halong Bay (1B,1L,1D)
Visit Ho Chi Minh's Mausoleum, then continue to Halong Bay for an overnight cruise in a traditional junk boat with a local guide. Explore the limestone caves around the bay, enjoy sumptuous local seafood and relax on deck with a cool drink while watching the passing scenery.
Day 10 Hanoi (1B)
Enjoy a morning cruise around Halong Bay with an option to kayak before transferring back to Hanoi. Take the afternoon at leisure to visit local markets, shops and museums.
Days 11-12 Ho Chi Minh City (2B)
Catch our flight to Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon), Vietnam and take a thrilling cyclo tour of this bustling city. On Day 12, take a guided tour of the infamous Cu Chi tunnels, legendary for the vital part they played during the Vietnam War.
Day 13-14 Phnom Penh (2B)
Flight to Phnom Penh, Cambodia. Take an NGO-supported cyclo city tour along the waterfront and key city sites, with option to visit the famous Foreign Correspondents club for drinks. On Day 13 explore recent history with a local expert, including Tuol Sleng Prison Museum and Choeung Ek (the Killing Fields).
Day 15 Siem Reap (1B)
Drive today to Siem Reap, Cambodia and take an orientation walk through the entertainment district and visit the exciting night market.
Days 16-17 Angkor Wat/ Siem Reap (2B,1L)
Spend two days exploring the ruins of the Angkor Wat temple complex with a local expert guide. Also experience a Khmer lunch at New Hope, a local training school and Planeterra-supported project. Option to visit Angkor National Museum and Tonle Sap floating village.
Day 18 Siem Reap (1B)
Depart at any time.
Find dates, prices, and more trip options.Book Now