Visit ancient ruins and archaeological sites with a local expert, float in the Dead Sea, watch a cooking demonstration and tasting local specialities, overnight in a comfortable desert camp and learn about the ancient Bedouin culture
Looking to explore a piece of the ancient past? Go no further than Jordan. Our local CEO will ensure a thrilling journey throughout Jordan’s past and present, including a dip in the Dead Sea and a visit to Kerak Castle. Find your own bit of desert peace as you explore archaeological ruins and see what Israel looks like from the top of Mt Nebo. Start making history back where history began.
- Arrival transfer. Entrance and guided visit to Jerash. Visit to the Dead Sea. Entrance and guided tour to the Madaba mosaics. Visit Mount Nebo. Admission and guided visit to Kerak Castle. Petra 2-day entrance and 1-day guided tour. Cooking demonstration and dinner in Wadi Musa township. Visit Little Petra. Wadi Rum 4x4 jeep excursion and local lunch with overnight in a tented desert camp. All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- 7 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 4 dinners. (Allow USD175-200 for meals not included.)
- Comfort hotels (6 nts), comfort desert camp (1 nt).
- Private van, 4x4, walking.
- Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout, local guides.
- Small group experience; Max 16, Avg 12.
Add to your Experience
Book Air, Save a BundleSAVE $100 when you book your airfare with us
That's right. Book your airfare when you book your G Adventures trip and we'll slice $100 off the price for you. Simply enter promo code G13PLUSAIR100 when prompted and we'll do the rest.
Offer valid for new bookings only with international air travel originating in North America added to a land booking. Not valid with any other discount, offer or promotion. Subject to availability. Must book by June 30, 2014, for travel by February 1, 2015. Subject to airline regulations and restrictions.
Day 1 Amman
Arrive at any time. Arrival transfer included.
Day 2 Jerash/The Dead Sea (1B,1D)
Today, take a guided visit to Jerash, one of the largest and most well-preserved Roman ruins outside of Italy. Continue to the Dead Sea with the option to swim and enjoy health and beauty treatments utilising natural sea salts and mud.
Day 3 Mt Nebo/Madaba/Karak Castle/Wadi Musa (1B)
Visit the ancient town of Madaba, famous for its mosaics and churches. View Israel from the summit of Mt Nebo and visit the desert crusader castle at Karak. Overnight in Wadi Musa.
Days 4-5 Petra (2B,1D)
Enjoy a guided tour of Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, with 2-day entrance allowing plenty of free time to explore. On Day 5, enjoy a cooking demonstration and a dinner of local specialities.
Day 6 Wadi Rum (1B,1L,1D)
Take a tour of 'Little Petra' before continuing to Wadi Rum in the heart of Jordan's desertscape. After lunch, continue by 4x4 to our comfort desert camp and enjoy a traditional meal under the stars and learn more about the ancient Bedouin culture and history.
Day 7 Amman (1B,1D)
Return to Amman and enjoy a farewell dinner at a local restaurant. Option to take a city tour.
Day 8 Amman (1B)
Depart at any time.
Find dates, prices, and more trip options.Book Now