Snap photos of the Big Five on open vehicle safaris in a private nature reserve then overnight at a luxury tented camp, visit a local school and Planeterra-supported project, spot white lions and more wildlife inside world famous Kruger National Park, get misty at the mighty Victoria Falls
Enjoy a quick taste of southern Africa’s characteristic highlights on this brief-yet-comprehensive trip to South Africa and Zambia. It begins with a safari expedition in the Kruger area and the Timbavati Private Game Reserve—South Africa’s famed zoos without cages—where you’ll get the chance to see and photograph the Big Five on their own turf. Later, you’ll jet off to Zambia for a date with the awesome spectacle that is Victoria Falls, the largest waterfall in the world. Finally, there’s time to unwind and absorb the experience along the banks of the Zambezi River in Livingstone.
- Arrival transfer. Traditional Braai dinner. Panoramic Route drive including visits to Blyde River Canyon, Bourke Luck Potholes, and God’s Window. Kruger National Park entrance fee with game drive in our own vehicle. Visit a local village and Planeterra-supported Children’s Day School. Timbavati Private Nature Reserve entrance fee with game drives in open safari vehicles. Dinner with a local Afrikaans family. Tour of Victoria Falls. All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- 9 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 5 dinners. (Allow USD200-300 for meals and drinks not included.)
- Comfort hotels (6 nts), comfort tents (2 nts), chalets (1 nts).
- Air-conditioned touring vehicle, open safari vehicle, walking, plane.
- Chief Experience Officer (CEO)/driver for Kruger portion, local G representative in Livingstone.
- Small group experience; Max 9, Avg 6.
Book Air, Save a BundleSAVE $100 when you book your airfare with us
That's right. Book your airfare when you book your G Adventures trip and we'll slice $100 off the price for you. Simply enter promo code G13PLUSAIR100 when prompted and we'll do the rest.
Offer valid for new bookings only with international air travel originating in North America added to a land booking. Not valid with any other discount, offer or promotion. Subject to availability. Must book by June 30, 2014, for travel by February 1, 2015. Subject to airline regulations and restrictions.
Day 1 Johannesburg (1B,1D)
Arrive and transfer to hotel. Enjoy a welcome dinner barbeque and meet your CEO and fellow travellers.
Days 2 Panorama Route/Graskop (1B)
Today we visit world famous sights like Blyde River Canyon, Bourke's Luck Potholes and God's Window.
Day 3 Kruger National Park/area (1B,1D)
Enjoy an afternoon game drive inside Kruger National Park in an open safari vehicle, observing the abundance of wildlife. Continue to our lodge conveniently located outside the park gates and enjoy a true African-style dinner in the open-aired traditional boma.
Days 4-5 Timbavati Private Nature Reserve (2B,1L,2D)
This morning, visit to a Planeterra-supported Children’s Day School located just outside Krugar National Park. Continue to a luxury tented camp inside Timbavati Private Nature Reserve, adjoining Kruger National Park. Here we enjoy morning and evening open vehicle safari game drives searching out Africa's famed Big Five.
Day 6 Johannesburg (1B,1D)
Embark on one last safari drive then head back to the city for dinner with a local Afrikaans family.
Day 7-9 Livingstone (3B)
Fly to Livingston, Zambia and meet the local G representative. On Day 8, enjoy a half-day guided tour of Victoria Falls, Day 9 is free with options to enjoy whitewater rafting, canoeing, an elephant-back safari or a flight over the falls.
Day 10 Livingstone (1B)
Depart at any time.
Find dates, prices, and more trip options.Book Now