Visit a Planeterra-supported school project, enjoy a traditional South African barbecue, search for and snap photos of the Big Five on open vehicle game drives in a private reserve, overnight in a luxury tented camp, spot wildlife inside world-famous Kruger National Park, stand in awe of the mighty Zambezi River in Livingstone
The perfect African adventure for those who want to experience all of this region’s diverse pleasures quickly, authentically and comfortably, this 13-day trip has it all—and then some. Unfolding in three flight-assisted stages, this trip will take you from urban Cape Town to the sprawling wilderness of the Kruger area, home of the Big Five and countless photo ops. From there, jet off to Livingstone, Zambia’s colonial jewel, and feel the awesome roar of Victoria Falls for yourself. Throughout, experienced local guides will be on hand to draw out the best this magical land has to offer.
- Arrival transfer. Orientation tour of Cape Town and Cape Point including the penguins at Boulders Beach. Traditional Braai dinner. Scenic drive along the Panoramic Route including visits to Blyde River Canyon, Bourke Luck Potholes and God’s Window. Kruger National Park entrance fee with game drive in open safari vehicle. Visit a local village and Planeterra-supported Children’s Day School. Timbavati Private Nature Reserve entrance fee with game drives in open safari vehicles. Dinner with a local Afrikaans family. Tour of Victoria Falls.
All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- 12 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 5 dinners. (Allow USD200-300 for meals and drinks not included.)
- Comfort hotels (9 nts), luxury tents (2 nts), chalets (1 nts).
- Air-conditioned touring vehicle, open safari vehicle, walking, plane.
- Chief Experience Officer (CEO) in Cape Town, CEO/driver for Kruger portion, local G representative in Livingstone.
- Small group experience; Max 9, Avg 6.
Add to your Experience
Book Air, Save a BundleSAVE $100 when you book your airfare with us
That's right. Book your airfare when you book your G Adventures trip and we'll slice $100 off the price for you. Simply enter promo code G13PLUSAIR100 when prompted and we'll do the rest.
Offer valid for new bookings only with international air travel originating in North America added to a land booking. Not valid with any other discount, offer or promotion. Subject to availability. Must book by June 30, 2014, for travel by February 1, 2015. Subject to airline regulations and restrictions.
Days 1 Cape Town
Arrive at any time. Arrival transfer included.
Day 2-3 Cape Town (2B)
Explore vibrant Cape Town including the Castle of Good Hope and continue to Cape Point to visit the penguins at Boulders Beach. On Day 3, option to visit Robben Island, Table Mountain, or embark on a wine tour around Stellenbosch.
Day 4 Johannesburg (1B,1D)
Flight to Johannesburg. Arrive in time for your welcome dinner to meet your CEO and fellow travellers.
Days 5 Panorama Route/Graskop (1B)
Explore the world-famous sights of Blyde River Canyon, Bourke's Luck Potholes and God's Window along the Panorama Route.
Day 6 Kruger National Park/area (1B,1D)
Enjoy a game drive inside Kruger National Park in our touring vehicle. Be astounded by the abundance of wildlife in pristine African landscapes, then continue to the comfortable lodge just outside the park gates. Enjoy a true African-style dinner in the open-aired traditional boma, stargazing and listing to the night-sounds of Africa.
Days 7-8 Timbavati Private Nature Reserve (2B,1L,2D)
This morning, visit to a Planeterra-supported Children’s Day School located just outside Krugar National Park, then on to the luxury tented camp, inside a private nature reserve. Enjoy morning and evening open vehicle safari game drives searching out Africa's famed Big Five who cross back and forth through the unfenced Kruger area.
Day 9 Johannesburg (1B,1D)
Embark on one last safari drive then head back to the city for dinner with a local Afrikaans family.
Day 10-12 Livingstone (3B)
Fly to Livingstone, Zambia to meet the local G representative. On Day 11, enjoy a guided tour of Victoria Falls, then Day 12 is free with options to enjoy whitewater rafting, canoeing, an elephant-back safari or a flight over the falls.
Day 13 Livingstone (1B)
Depart at any time.
Find dates, prices, and more trip options.Book Now