Spot the Big Five in Kruger National Park, gaze out across Victoria Falls, walk in search of rhinos, observe wildlife from a 4x4 in Matobo National Park, witness Shangaan traditions, discover the less-visited Zimbabwe.
When it comes to raw, in-your-face wildness, southern Africa can’t be topped. This trip offers a fully immersive, unyieldingly authentic experience of the natural and cultural wonders of this incredible region. In Zimbabwe’s Matobo National Park, you’ll track rhinos on foot and the resident wildlife on an open-vehicle game drive, capture the Big Five (with your camera, of course) in South Africa’s Kruger National Park and witness the unique traditional dances of the Shangaan people. This isn’t a taste of Africa; it’s a full-course meal—with seconds.
- Guided rhino walk and open vehicle game drive in Matobo National Park. Kruger National Park entrance with game drives in our overland vehicle. Traditional Shangaan dinner and dance. Visit to a Planeterra-supported community school.
- 7 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 5 dinners. (Allow USD40-55 for meals and drinks not included.)
- Participation camping (6 nts), simple hotel (1 nt).
- Overland truck, walking, 4x4 open safari vehicle.
- 2 Chief Experience Officers (CEOs) throughout as head guide/cook and driver, local guides.
- Small group experience; Max 22, avg 18.
Add to your Experience
Book Air, Save a BundleSAVE $100 when you book your airfare with us
That's right. Book your airfare when you book your G Adventures trip and we'll slice $100 off the price for you. Simply enter promo code G13PLUSAIR100 when prompted and we'll do the rest.
Offer valid for new bookings only with international air travel originating in North America added to a land booking. Not valid with any other discount, offer or promotion. Subject to availability. Must book by June 30, 2014, for travel by February 1, 2015. Subject to airline regulations and restrictions.
Day 1 Livingstone
Arrive at any time.
Day 2-3 Bulawayo (2B,2L,2D)
Option to visit Victoria Falls town or the falls from the Zimbabwe side. Walk with rhinos and enjoy an open vehicle game drive in Matobo National Park.
Day 4-6 Greater Kruger Area/Kruger National Park (3B,3L,3D)
Relax in a warm water spring pool then view and photograph wildlife. Experience a traditional Shangaan dinner and dance.
Day 7 Johannesburg (1B,1L)
Visit to a community school supported by Planeterra, interact with the villagers.
Day 8 Johannesburg (1B)
Depart at any time.
Find dates, prices, and more trip options.Book Now