Taking in spectacular views along Route 62, hiking in Tsitsikamma National Park, Marvelling in the beauty of the world-famous Garden Route, Snapping some great photos of the Big Five on open vehicle game drives in Timbavati Private Nature Reserve, spotting more wildlife inside world-famous Kruger National Park.
Two wildly divergent—and equally authentic—sides of Africa, one incredible life-changing trip! Designed especially for the comfort-minded traveller, this adventure merges the world-famous wildlife of South Africa with the equally wondrous (and less-explored) natural grace of the fabled Garden Route over 12 extraordinary days. Wildlife excursions in Kruger National Park will bring you closer to the Big Five than any nature documentary, and relaxing evenings spent sipping wine and dining in style on the glorious southeastern coast make for a truly unforgettable experience.
- Arrival transfer, Visit to Cango Caves and Ostrich Farm in Oudtshoorn, Entrance and visit to Tsisikamma National Park and Birds of Eden, Traditional South African Braai (BBQ) in Oudtshoorn (Swartberg Mountain), Timbavati Private Nature Reserve entrance fee with game drives in open safari vehicles, Kruger National park entrance fee with game drives in our own vehicle, Panoramic Route (Visits to Blyde River Canyon, Bourke Luck Potholes, and God’s Window).
- 11 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 6 dinners. (Allow USD150-200 for meals not included.)
- Comfort hotels (7 nts), luxury tents (2 nts), chalets/lodges (2 nts).
- Air-conditioned touring vehicle, open safari vehicle.
- Chief Experience Officer (CEO)/driver, local guides.
- Small group experience; Max 9, Avg 6
Add to your Experience
Book Air, Save a BundleSAVE $100 when you book your airfare with us
That's right. Book your airfare when you book your G Adventures trip and we'll slice $100 off the price for you. Simply enter promo code G13PLUSAIR100 when prompted and we'll do the rest.
Offer valid for new bookings only with international air travel originating in North America added to a land booking. Not valid with any other discount, offer or promotion. Subject to availability. Must book by June 30, 2014, for travel by February 1, 2015. Subject to airline regulations and restrictions.
Day 1 Cape Town
Arrive at any time. Arrival transfer included.
Day 2 Hermanus (1B)
Enjoy shore-based whale watching during Jun-Oct, go on an optional boat cruise, hike or just linger in this picturesque coastal town.
Day 3 Oudtshoorn (1B, 1D)
Travel along the world-famous Wine Route 62. Visit an ostrich farm. Enjoy a traditional South African meal tonight.
Days 4-6 Plettenberg Bay (3B, 1D)
Explore the Cango Caves. Visit Knysna and breathtaking Tsizikamma National Park. Option to enjoy whale watching (seasonal), dolphin cruise, bird watching and the wonderful cuisine of the area.
Day 7 Johannesburg (1B, 1D)
Take in more beauty of the world-famous Garden Route then catch our flight from Port Elizabeth to Johannesburg.
Days 8-9 Timbavati Private Nature Reserve (2B, 1L, 2D)
Embark on open safari vehicle game drives in Timbavati Private Nature Reserve, adjoining Kruger National Park. Keep an eye out for elephant, lion, rhino, leopard and buffalo - Africa's famed Big Five.
Day 10 Kruger National Park (1B, 1D)
Hop on an early morning game drive in an open safari vehicle in Timbavati Private Nature Reserve. Enjoy more game driving inside Kruger National Park in our own vehicle.
Day 11 Graskop (1B)
Explore world-famous sights like Blyde River Canyon, Bourke's Luck Potholes and God's Window along the Panorama Route.
Day 12 Johannesburg (1B)
Tour ends upon arrival in the late afternoon.