Encounter incredible wildlife, snorkel and swim with sea turtles and manta rays, race a bike downhill in San Cristóbal, search for whitetip reef sharks in "Shark Alley", hike the Sierra Negra Volcano, visit the Charles Darwin Research Station
Please note, these local payments are not included in the price of this tour.+10.00 USD (Transit Control Card)+100.00 USD (Galapagos Park Fee)
Special Offers and Promotions
- Book Now Save 15%Departure date Jun 07, 2014
This ten-day adventure is perfect for those who want to experience the incredible wildlife and scenery of the Galápagos Islands but prefer to sleep on shore – so your time on the water is limited to commuting between islands. Go ashore at the lesser-visited island of Isabela and spend your days with playful sea lions, giant manta rays, and the Galápagos giant tortoise. This adventure offers a great balance of guided excursions and free time – and optional activities abound.
- Quito to Galápagos return flights. Downhill-biking excursion and Mann Beach visit (San Cristóbal). Snorkelling trip to Kicker Rock. Interpretation Centre visit. Swimming and snorkelling in Floreana. Highlands excursion. "Wall of Tears" monument (Isabela Island). Sierra Negra Volcano hike. Giant Tortoise Breeding Centre visit. Las Tintoreras excursion. Puerto Ayora town visit. Santa Cruz highlands visit. Tortuga Bay walk and kayaking excursion. Charles Darwin Research Station visit.
- 9 breakfasts, 7 lunches, 1 dinner. (Allow USD100-150 for meals not included. You must pay a USD10 (cash) Tourist Transit Card fee at the Quito airport and a USD100 (cash) Galápagos Park entry fee immediately upon arrival to the islands (subject to increase). Also, USD5 for the Isabela municipal tax.)
- Hotels (9 nights).
- Local flight, speed boat, van, pickup truck, local bus, Zodiac.
- Local naturalist guide while in the Galápagos Islands (certified by the Galápagos National Park Authority), Chief Experience Officer (CEO) in Quito.
- Small group experience; Max 15, avg 10
Book Air, Save a BundleSAVE $100 when you book your airfare with us
That's right. Book your airfare when you book your G Adventures trip and we'll slice $100 off the price for you. Simply enter promo code G13PLUSAIR100 when prompted and we'll do the rest.
Offer valid for new bookings only with international air travel originating in North America added to a land booking. Not valid with any other discount, offer or promotion. Subject to availability. Must book by June 30, 2014, for travel by February 1, 2015. Subject to airline regulations and restrictions.
Day 1 Quito
Arrive at any time.
Day 2 San Cristóbal Island (1B,1L)
Fly to San Cristóbal. Included downhill-biking excursion and visit to Mann Beach to see the sea lions and frigate birds.
Day 3 San Cristóbal Island (1B,1L)
Snorkelling trip to Kicker Rock to search for marine life like sea turtles, manta rays, and sharks. Visit the Interpretation Centre in the afternoon to learn about the natural history of the area.
Day 4 Floreana Island (1B,1L,1D)
Travel by boat to Floreana Island with opportunities for swimming and snorkelling. Free afternoon in Puerto Velasco Ibarra.
Day 5 Floreana Island/Isabela Island (1B,1L)
Morning excursion to the highlands of Floreana. Continue by boat to Isabela Island for a visit to the "Wall of Tears" and a nearby lookout point.
Day 6 Isabela Island (1B,1L)
Full-day tour to Sierra Negra Volcano to see the second-largest crater in the world. Visit the Giant Tortoise Breeding Centre on the way back to town. Optional surf lessons on the nearby beach.
Day 7 Isabela Island/Santa Cruz Island (1B,1L)
Excursion to Las Tintoreras – otherwise known as "Shark Alley" – to observe whitetip reef sharks and a variety of bird life. Travel by boat in the afternoon to Santa Cruz Island and have a free evening for shopping or exploring the town of Puerto Ayora.
Day 8 Santa Cruz Island (1B,1L)
Visit the highlands of Santa Cruz to see the giant tortoise's natural habitat and the lava tunnels. Afternoon walk to Tortuga Bay for a kayak excursion to explore the mangroves.
Day 9 Santa Cruz Island/Quito (1B)
Visit the Charles Darwin Research Station before transferring across Santa Cruz Island to Baltra. Fly back to Quito.
Day 10 Quito (1B)
Depart at any time. We highly recommend booking pre- or post-accommodation to fully experience this charming city.
Find dates, prices, and more trip options.Book Now