Experience the regal lifestyle staying in heritage homes and rural palaces, explore stunning forts and intriguing local markets, discover rural Indian culture in hamlets and villages, walk through Delhi's backstreets with a young adult guide taking part in a program to help get kids off the street and visit the project's headquarters
Legend has it that colour film was invented specifically to capture the vibrancy of India. (Okay, we made that up, but still.) This adventure offers a look at the history and heritage of this land, bringing you to the imperial Mughal cities of Agra and New Delhi, stunning capitals of the former princely states—home to sprawling haveli and Rajput-era palaces—and rural Rajasthan villages and fortified towns untouched by time. And with private transport and unique accommodation throughout, you'll feel a little like royalty yourself.
- Arrival transfers. Walking tour with Planeterra-supported Delhi Streetkids Project. Rickshaw tour of Old Delhi with visit to Jama Masjid, Chandni Chowk and Gurudwara. Tour of frescoed Havelis of Shekhawati. Visit Junagarh Fort and the Deshnoke Rat Temple. Visit Mehrangarh Fort and Clock Tower. Excursion to rural hamlets of Chandelaogarh and Jojawar. Explore Udaipur including City Palace, Jagdish Temple and Pichola Lake boat tour. Visit Ranakpur Jane Temples. Explore Jaipur including City Palace, Hawa Mahal and Amber Fort. Visit Fatehpur Sikri, Taj Mahal and the Red Fort Agra. All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- 14 breakfasts, 3 dinners. (Allow USD500-600 for meals not included.)
- Comfort hotels/heritage homes (14 nts).
- Van, bus, jeep, train, cycle-rickshaw, walking.
- Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout, local guides.
- Small group experience; Max 16, Avg 10.
Add to your Experience
Book Air, Save a BundleSAVE $100 when you book your airfare with us
That's right. Book your airfare when you book your G Adventures trip and we'll slice $100 off the price for you. Simply enter promo code G13PLUSAIR100 when prompted and we'll do the rest.
Offer valid for new bookings only with international air travel originating in North America added to a land booking. Not valid with any other discount, offer or promotion. Subject to availability. Must book by June 30, 2014, for travel by February 1, 2015. Subject to airline regulations and restrictions.
Day 1 Delhi
Arrive in Delhi at any time. Arrival transfer included.
Day 2 Mandawa (1B)
Enjoy an orientation walk of old Delhi including Jama Masjid (Great Mosque), Gurduwara (Sikh place of worship) and a walk through Chandni Chowk, one of India’s oldest markets. Later, drive to Mandawa village in Shekhawati region.
Day 3-4 Bikaner (2B)
Drive to Bikaner and stay in a heritage hotel. Visit Junagarh Fort, the infamous Rat Temple and the town's colourful markets and havelis. Option to visit a camel breeding centre.
Day 5 Jodhpur (1B)
Arrive at the 'Blue City' and visit Mehrangarh Fort and Clock Tower.
Days 6-7 Chandelao Garh (2B,2D)
Jeep safari into the countryside visiting tribal hamlets of Bishnois and Prajapats. Continue on to Chandelao Garh and explore the village and local markets.
Days 8-9 Udaipur (2B)
Drive to Udaipur, visiting the stunning Ranakpur Jain temples en route. Explore the City Palace museum, Pichola Lake boat ride and Jagdish Temple.
Day 10 Jojawar (1B,1D)
Stay at the Heritage Palace at Jojawar and enjoy a rural train safari and village orientation walk.
Days 11-12 Jaipur (2B)
Drive to the capital of the state of Rajasthan - Jaipur. Visit the City Palace, Amber Fort and Hawa Mahal. Option to visit the local bazaars for textiles, pottery and handicrafts.
Day 13 Agra (1B)
Drive to Agra, visiting Fatehpur Sikri en route. In Agra visit the famed Taj Mahal and enjoy the stunning sunset views.
Day 14 Delhi (1B)
Today visit the Red Fort and continue to Delhi where we take a walk through the backstreets with a young adult taking part in the Planeterra-supported New Delhi Streetkids Project. As a former streetkid, your guide will offer a unique insight into the real Delhi and you will visit the projects headquarters.
Day 15 Delhi (1B)
Depart at any time.
Find dates, prices, and more trip options.Book Now