Sorry! There are no remaining departures for "Local Living France: Provence" (EFLL), but here are some similar trips.
Sharing a rental property with optional day trips and activities, sampling Mediterranean-inspired Provençal food, shopping in the local markets, exploring beautiful Provence, kicking up your feet and relaxing in the tranquil countryside.
Artists have always flocked to Provence—stick around for awhile and see why. This Local Living adventure sets you up in a charming and traditional house then leaves you free to create the perfect holiday. Wander lavender fields, visit vineyards, marvel at the Pont du Gard—it's your call. You'll share the kitchen and living areas with other like-minded travellers, and a CEO is there to recommend local favourites. Take it slow and fall in love with this seductive corner of France.
The specific property and locations for this tour are subject to change.
Now you can book your flights and your trip at the same time in one simple online transaction. Click, click, click, go! Easy!
Meet in Avignon at 3pm, then transfer to your home for the next week. Your home away from home is a 3-storey house dating back to the 17th century located in the heart of a typical Provencal village. The 'mini chateau' offers comfortable rooms, a large, fully equipped kitchen, a spacious living room and inside and outside dining areas to enjoy meals, along with a nice terrace complete with swimming pool, gazebo and a barbeque for grilling local delicacies. Shops, cafés and a daily farmer's market are all very close to the property.
• Hiking the beautiful countryside and taking in views of the lavender fields
• Touring vineyards and sampling local wines
• Learning how to work Provençal spices into local dishes
• Shopping the local markets for fresh ingredients and picnic fodder
• Visiting Orange's famous Roman ruins or Avignon's Papal Palace
• Exploring Marseille's many historic and cultural landmarks
• Lounging on French Riviera beaches
• And more!
• Group transfer on Day 1 from Avignon to Velleron
• Start your trip off right with an included starter kit of breakfast essentials and local delicacies.
• Enjoy a dinner with local friends comprised of regional specialities prepared by a local chef one evening.
• One of our Chief Experience Officers (CEOs) will be on hand in Provence to make your trip the best it can be and occasionally tag along to show you the best spots and keep you company on daytime pursuits. Well-versed in the inner workings of the region and on-hand to help you with any questions you might encounter, your CEO wears many hats that cover everything from getting something translated to organizing day trips to finding a good spot to grab a meal or go out at night.